Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes my pointless post.
I never had good clearance for the turbo inlet from the XSPower turbo kit. The previous owner rigged up a 4" to 3" silicone adapter in order to get the filter and tube to fit but that really looked ugly as hell and the smaller silicone tube inside was very close to hitting the compressor wheel. So I went ahead and made a screen. I didn't plan for it to be a permanent solution cause I knew sooner or later I'd convert to coil packs. I had no idea how much work that would be, so this comes to that and I found myself getting a 4Runner distributor cap hoping I could finally fit on a real tube. As said on club na-t, only 2 of the three mounting holes would line up without some modification. I got that done, then the real pain began. I followed the instructions and switched around the #1 and #2 cables, that BARELY fit. The #2 wire was struggling to reach the cap. The rest of the afternoon was spent swapping wires and trying to find the right combo. I failed. I decided it wasn't worth it so I went back to stock. I'm guessing it's cause of the TT valve covers that's causing my troubles.

Stock setup with wires unplugged.

Stock vs. 4Runner

4Runner on. You can see the #2 cable super tight.

·
Registered
329 Posts
it is due to the covers. the stock 2jz-ge cover has an indent and gives the wires more room.

you can go to the dealer and buy like 3 cyl.3 wires. then just install the new longer wires.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
$1-$5? whatever, it is definitely worth it.

I will be using a 4" 45Degree bent coupler to attach to the turbo. It should fit better =D and I have a 4runner cap.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, that cheap? I figured the dealer would charge me something exponentially insane. Did you modify the cap so the third mounting hole would line up?

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's funny, I can only get one mounting hole to line up on mine... I plan on finishing my install by this weekend.

It might be on the wrong way. Use pics for reference, the plug ports should be pointing UP / DOWN.

Also, I tried using a 45degree silicon join and found the middle plug on the dizzy ends up pushing against it and reducing the internal diameter of the joiner.

Another option I was going to look at was to cut a 45degree joiner so that it bends straight off the turbo inlet, that might give enough clearance.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Yeah I'm not sure I even used the right cap. I think is though lol, I gave the part number people used to order to Curt.

I do plan on cutting the coupler to a angle i can use. This method was recommended by a fellow na-t member.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the same setup as you-i am going to just buy another set of wires to make
sure the wires reach-

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
ok i fixed my dizzy cap haha...had to take off throttle body too to change wires up and they all reached... i believe all your cables shoould be able to reach as well. just take all of them out and have them from longest to shortest... use your brain from there. i had more than enough cable length for some cables.. also you might wnat to plug your ignitor cable so its pointing up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts