Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with the 5 bar map installation. For one do i need to disconnect the stock sensor from the manifold, for two, where do i screw the new 5 bar one in to??, and for three, can i just use the three wires comming from the stock sensor to wire my 5 bar map sensor. Someone please help me i cannot find this information anywhere.

Thanks,
Michael

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the 3 wires going to the stock map sensor are the wires your going to use for your aem map sensor so yes you disconnect the stock map sensor its going to be uselss after you install your 5 bar.

you can remove the vacuum stock filter off the intake manifold and tap it for your aem sensor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know by chance where the vacuum stock filter is on the intake manifold and do I just plug the existing map sensor vacuum line.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

you can take out whats in the red circle and tap a fitting there or you can take out the yellow circle and run a vacuum t to the map sensor.

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
The 5 bar map sensor is also the same size as the stock map sensor but a different thread pattern. You can simply take out the stock map sensor and use a tap to retap the existing threads in the stock loacation. Once you do this the 5 bar will go perfectly in the stock location. Once again you wont need to drill the hole any bigger, just retap it and it will fit perfectly.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
^^^ i did the red circle job...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
suprahead said:
The 5 bar map sensor is also the same size as the stock map sensor but a different thread pattern. You can simply take out the stock map sensor and use a tap to retap the existing threads in the stock loacation. Once you do this the 5 bar will go perfectly in the stock location. Once again you wont need to drill the hole any bigger, just retap it and it will fit perfectly.
Boostinhard said:
the 3 wires going to the stock map sensor are the wires your going to use for your aem map sensor so yes you disconnect the stock map sensor its going to be uselss after you install your 5 bar.

you can remove the vacuum stock filter off the intake manifold and tap it for your aem sensor.
too bad what you said was already posted. :wtcslap: :urowned:

·
Registered
850 Posts
damn it where are those pictures. I'm doing the same project right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts