Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
The Hustler
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going with a Full 5" DP/Exhaust on my black car and I was wandering how many other people were using 5" FULL Exhaust. Who made it? Do you have a Muffler?
Post pics if you have them. Videos would be great.
I am thinking of Running 5" Straight Exhaust No Muffler. I want it to be loud, but still have a good tone.
 

·
iSketch Master!
Joined
·
9,044 Posts
5 inch straight through will be loud as hell. If you have seen boost logics last vid I think they run no muffler. The car almost sounds truck like though.

Alex
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,269 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
I am going with a Full 5" DP/Exhaust on my black car and I was wandering how many other people were using 5" FULL Exhaust. Who made it? Do you have a Muffler?
Post pics if you have them. Videos would be great.
I am thinking of Running 5" Straight Exhaust No Muffler. I want it to be loud, but still have a good tone.

You should run some sort of a muffler!!
 

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
Sound Performance said:
You should run some sort of a muffler!!
Just curious, why? hehe
 

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
Joined
·
3,333 Posts
Alx2785 said:
5 inch straight through will be loud as hell. If you have seen boost logics last vid I think they run no muffler. The car almost sounds truck like though.

Alex

Our race car just has a 5" dump under the car...

I would definetly reccomend a muffler.
 

·
The Hustler
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard a car with open 5" dump.
I watched the Tx2k6 video and saw the dyno competion. I really like the way the two Anthracite cars sounded. I know one of them had 5" exhaust with no muffler, and I think the other had a muffler.
Who makes a 5" muffler?
 

·
The Hustler
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you guys know if Woon's car has 5" exhaust. It is LOUD and has a muffler?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,269 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
I have heard a car with open 5" dump.
I watched the Tx2k6 video and saw the dyno competion. I really like the way the two Anthracite cars sounded. I know one of them had 5" exhaust with no muffler, and I think the other had a muffler.
Who makes a 5" muffler?

Burns makes one...
 

·
cinnamon jelly bean
Joined
·
1,653 Posts
BOOST ALMIGHTY said:
Do you guys know if Woon's car has 5" exhaust. It is LOUD and has a muffler?
his is 4.5"



Matt Scranton has a 5" dp/mp and catback on his car. We got the dp and mp from full race since one of their headers is on his car. We had to mod the midpipe though because they had it way to low. Then we went and made the catback and used a burns muffler. Car is loud I guess, but it sounds great. NO ground clearance though lol
 

·
The Hustler
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does Matt have the Muffler located in the Middle of the exhaust or at the end of it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
613 Posts
I wonder if you have the TX2K6 DVD but the supra that made 1082Rwhp has a straight 5inch with no muffler, I remember it was louder than Tommy Banh's one who has a 5 inch with a muffler but not that much more. To my taste it sounds a little better with a muffler at low rpms and after you won't really notice!
I am right now finishing to build my 5 inch too with a Burns Stainless 5inch muffler, in fact I bought all my exhaust components there for around 1100usd.
 

·
Bad Karma Supra
Joined
·
2,783 Posts
5" turbo back
NO muffler :D It's fiiinnneee
Made at a local domestic shop, piece of cake :D


 

·
The Hustler
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, I have the 2k6 DVD from MVP Motorsports. I agree with you. I cant tell much difference when they are WOT, but I like the louder idle myself. It sounds SOOO MEAN!

Hey Suprwhp, who did you buy your exhaust stuff from?
 

·
The Hustler
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Philly Single said:
5" turbo back
NO muffler :D It's fiiinnneee
Made at a local domestic shop, piece of cake :D


Can you post some pics of the rear of the exhaust? And maybe the bends in it???

Thanks in Advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts



WTF JAY!!!! A wirenut??


LOL,
Alex W.
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top