Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bad auto turbo tranny in my car right now and i want to convert to a 5-speed and i have found a NA 87 (mines 88) with a tranny and everything for the swap. My question is will the NA tranny work and will the ecu be ok since it's a non turbo?? There is a turbo 87 with a five speed nearby in a junkyard but he wants alot of cash for it but could i use this ecu if the other is no good? Thanks alot fellas much appreciated.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Yes the NA tranny will work, and the 5spd tranny doesnt have an ECU so I dont know what you're worried about there. Hope that answers your question ;) but ur about to get flammed.

Kruso

·
Boost-a-holic
555 Posts
you dont need to swap the ecu..... you will need the tranny , clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, clutch lines from master to slave, also the tranny crossmember, and the manual tranny drive shaft. the swap is fairly straight foward. everything bolts up nice and the car is ready to receive. no cutting or anything. if you have antilock brakes you will need to check for a speed sensor on the w58 tranny, also your cruise will be affected. just need to jump the neutral start switch. also you want a new clutch disk and pressure plate as the stock w58 clutch will not hold the turbo's power...trust me i know... he he he

1 - 6 of 6 Posts