Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
BPU is so 1997
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one that spends a few mins debating the pros and cons of driving their MKIV more than twice a week? It was a nice day today, and I had to run over to my parents house. It's 26 miles round trip, and I had this guilt feeling of putting "wasteful" mileage on the car. It has 65,1xx miles on it. I ended up taking the beater.

Thank you for checking out my soapbox.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,198 Posts
I too feel the same way. My car has many more miles than yours, but is still a prize in my eyes. I took the wife's Lexus to Home Depot this evening instead. The top was already off of my car as well. :takethat:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hear you dude. I always debate whether to drive it the 40 miles one way to the road course or tow it. Most people would say I'm retarded but I like to keep the miles down.

·
BoosT AddicT
238 Posts
I feel ya man.. it's the same thing with me weather to drive the supra or not.. got it home with 62,000 miles (drove 2200 miles from az to fl) and it has 78,020 miles on it.. bought it june 2003. everytime i drive it i look at the miles like a hawk. "i want to drive it but i don't" is wut i always think. :urowned:

·
MKIV intervention needed
3,021 Posts
i store my car 6 months of the year so in summer, its on.
i can only put on 3k or so a year and i dont think thats too bad. i bought it
with really low miles though too.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
It's a car that is depreciating as time goes by, might as well drive it to get the most fun out of it.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
I don't mind driving mine... that being said if I'm going to the qwik-e-mart (lol) to get some bread or something it's much easier to take the beater than it is to pull the supra out of the garage, warm it up, drive it slow and by the time I get there have it be fully warmed up, drive it back and put it away..

I also won't take it to a friend's or my g/f's house if we're meeting @ said house and I have to leave the car there while we all leave in a 2nd car... I don't like to take it to most movie theaters either, but as far as the miles go, who gives a rat's ass :dunno: I'd love to be able to drive it everywhere without worrying about it :sad:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
G said:
It's a car that is depreciating as time goes by, might as well drive it to get the most fun out of it.
:werd:

This isn't a vintage Ferrari.....

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
I don't see a reason not to drive it. I don't EVER want to sell it, and as things go bad, I replace them. It helps my motor only has 4K miles on it.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Do you have fun looking at the car in its nice climate controlled garage thinking "Man, i could be having sooo much fun in this thing!!"

Buy a poster of the car if all you want to do is look at it. The car is meant to be driven, and to bring pleasure to you in driving it.

Fuck if youll ever see me not doing donuts in the rain in a empty, wet parking lot, on the rev limiter, with the radio blasting, taco bell bag on the seat, cd's flying everywhere, and with a fuckin smile on my face from ear to ear.

Much less on a day like "OMG, they have 1 cloud out today, i cant possibly take the car out to have fun!!"

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Why would we care if the price would ever depreciate if we have no intentions of ever sellin the car? I dont like puttin too much mileage on the car, but I have no choice right now. If i had another car id drive it less, but i sure as hell would probably still have more than 3k a year. I just have too much fun in it. :bigthumb:

Alex

·
Registered
79 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:
Buy a poster of the car if all you want to do is look at it. The car is meant to be driven, and to bring pleasure to you in driving it.

Fuck if youll ever see me not doing donuts in the rain in a empty, wet parking lot, on the rev limiter, with the radio blasting, taco bell bag on the seat, cd's flying everywhere, and with a fuckin smile on my face from ear to ear.
This man has the correct idea.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
11,150 miles and I feel guilty with EVERY SINGLE MILE I put on the car. I'm going to put it up for sale soon, too nice a car for me to own, I can't enjoy it...
Peter

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
It was really a nice day out yesterday and also today so I drove it to work yesterday and again today; might probably do it tomorrow too. I love driving it and that's what I bought it for, not to collect it, not to look at it, to drive it. OTOH, I don't drive it to the corner store etc; if it's not a decent ride I can enjoy, I drive the beater. Mine had 15k on it when I got it and now it has a tad over 80k.

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
^^^ Agreed!!! I bought the car to enjoy driving it, so I decided to take it to work today as well. However, I will never take this car out if it's totally cloudy or if there is a hint of rain in the forecast. That's what my Acura is for :lol:

·
Boost Dealer
981 Posts
You guys are crazy. Don't drive a car you dreamed about just so the NEXT owner can have
less miles on it. If you drive the car you get enjoyment, if you save the miles for the next
owner THEY get to enjoy it. Its crazy-talk. Drive your car, enjoy it. I have a MINT 7M-GTE
MKII, (one of the nicest in the country) and It kills me every time I get a small nick or scratch
or ding on it. I am going to sell it someday, but I'm going to enjoy every bit of 400rwhp in a
mint condition 22yr old 2900lb car until I do :cool:.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 115 Posts