Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much hp can you get out of a mk4 with around 5 grand to spend, my freind its contemplating getting a supra or a 02 camaro. he doesn't like the stock supra because of the little hp it has(so he claims), and loves the camaro becuase it has 320hp...

He has around 5 grand to spend on performance parts and he will only buy the supra if it's faster then the camaro. i can't beleive he is evening considering a camaro especiallywhen his engine blew up and he has had nothing but problems with it.

what a stupid decision , who would take a crappy camaro over a supra?? lol

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
nezzy_dawg said:
he doesn't like the stock supra because of the little hp it has(so he claims), and loves the camaro becuase it has 320hp...
Umm last time I checked a stock Supra has 320hp. :1poke:

With $5k you can go BPU++ and either suspension or wheels. That will put you at 400-450wheel horse power and still remain much more reliable than the camaro.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chucky Doll said:
Stock Supra Turbo is rated at 320...

Just tell your friend to stick w/ the F-body.

he is seeling the camaro he has now, so he gets to decide what he wants, i dont think he should stick with f-bodys, there not very well built

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't keep people like that as friends, tell him the Camaro is perfect for him.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Sounds like he's convinced himself to get the camaro already, so let him do it. If he was seriously considering supra/camaro, he should think about which one will be worth having down the road, not just which one will be quicker with $5k.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,487 Posts
nezzy_dawg said:
ya i know it's 320hp , but he claims it's less, he thinks he knows everything
Actually it's more. The stock Supra came with a figure much closer to 350 HP. I've seen bone stock Supras put down 29X RWHP. That figure is indicative of a 350 HP car. This is of course for a 6 spd. I have heard of a stock 6 spd that put down 301 RWHP. But never seen it in person.

Tell your friend he is a fucktard and to buy a Dodge SRT-4.

·
Registered
618 Posts
He should consider that a Supra will cost him over $20,000 (at least) and that he can get a camaro for less than $10,000 (maybe not an '02, but a camaro is a camaro is a camaro) So if he buys a camaro he will have at least $15,000 to put towards mods, vs $5,000 if he gets a Supra.

$15,000 could make even a Camaro fast. And he could spend some money on heavy duty hairspray to keep the wind from messing up his mullet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chupacabra said:
He should consider that a Supra will cost him over $20,000 (at least) and that he can get a camaro for less than $10,000 (maybe not an '02, but a camaro is a camaro is a camaro) So if he buys a camaro he will have at least $15,000 to put towards mods, vs $5,000 if he gets a Supra.

$15,000 could make even a Camaro fast. And he could spend some money on heavy duty hairspray to keep the wind from messing up his mullet.
down here where i live supra's are very very rare, i've never seen a supra in my whole life. Even to see a car like mine(96 trans am) is a rare sight. the supra he wants to get is 30,000 and the camaro is 17,000. but seroiusly i dont know who would want a camaro, everyone and there grandma owns one.

The funny thing is though is my friend actually does have a mullet lol. the only reason i amhis friend with him is cuase we go way back.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Haha, that is hilarious that he actually has a mullet. I have a Camaro and a Supra, and the Camaro is great for what it is....... a cheap, high torque car that you aren't afraid to beat up on. I love the LSx series of engines, they are great on gas, capable of high hp/tq, and have plenty of aftermarket support. If going fast cheap is what your friend wants to do, then the camaro is not a bad choice at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TNH said:
Haha, that is hilarious that he actually has a mullet. I have a Camaro and a Supra, and the Camaro is great for what it is....... a cheap, high torque car that you aren't afraid to beat up on. I love the LSx series of engines, they are great on gas, capable of high hp/tq, and have plenty of aftermarket support. If going fast cheap is what your friend wants to do, then the camaro is not a bad choice at all.
my friend wants to know wut car has a better back seat supra or camaro

·
Registered
230 Posts
LOL!!!!!! tell your friend that if he is buying a sports car on the basis of which one has a better back seat tell him to scratch the whole sports car idea and get a family sedan LOL.... if he wants a quick car with rear seat room buy a wrx or evo....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
k he doesn't usually haul people around with him just incase he need to take his bro and his friends around or something like that , he is only 19 he doens't have a family or anything, he just wants to know how the back seats are, something wrong with using back seats or something lol

he just wants to know... he's not making a decision on which car has bigger
backseat lol

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Tell him to stick to the Camaro. The Supra is a car that needs to be wanted not just get it because its a fast car. You need to know what the Supra is and what it can offer you. The Supra is a car your desire for not just pick up because its fast

1 - 20 of 44 Posts