Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
interesting....

T2's and W7's weigh in at around that

plus it's 5000 MAX...normal is 2000...just a small difference there :dunno:

I won't be thoroughly impressed unless I actually hear it.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Did you know that Pioneer holds the car SPL record? Not Kicker, not JL, etc......but Pioneer!

·
Registered
412 Posts
minguezCD said:
Did you know that Pioneer holds the car SPL record? Not Kicker, not JL, etc......but Pioneer!
I remember reading about that after it happened, no record for Precision Power that time.

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,988 Posts
my shoe can handle 7500 watts, but it sounds like ass.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I had 2 of Pioneers TS-W3041DVC 12" dual 4 ohm voice coil subs in a subaru imprezza sedan with a Kicker kx-800.2 amp bridged to run a 1 ohm load and it was just too much. It was able to bounce the wiper blades off the windshield and continuously moving my rearview mirror out of whack. I still have the subs (picked them up on ebay for like $70 each brand new) and I am right now having a custom fiberglass box for 1 sub and targa access being built. There is no way in hell I would put 2 of those in the supra because they eventually have everything rattling. I will admit with everyone else, Pioneer knows their shit on subs and I have had alot of others to compare to and the pioneers hit harder and sound cleaner.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
You think I could drive that with my Nak head unit? It has 50x4W of power - should sound great!!

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Jim Swantko said:
You think I could drive that with my Nak head unit? It has 50x4W of power - should sound great!!
Just bridge those rear channels baby!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Jim Swantko said:
yea, and since the Nak has 50 channels with each pushing 4w, if you bridge all that you should be able to pull a .0000005 ohm load which would put you at around 50,000 watts of power...id say you could push 2 of em easy.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Awesome! Thanks guys?

BTW - what is an ohm?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Thanks guys... I'll have to dust off my old EE books and study up. ;)

·
Ticketing Ricers Evrywhre
1,485 Posts
zeeshan66 said:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4061_35327,00.html

Has anyone heard this thing thump? Continuing my quest for the maddest setup. :)

p.s. might have to up grade the turbo's this thing weights 69lbs EACH!
Not trying to hyjack your thread, but the sub I find the most insane thusfar is the MTX JackHammer 22" subwoofer. 369lbs, 6K watts rms, 12K watts peak. Enclosure volume is 8.7ft3.

Link:
http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/jackHammer.cfm

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
we just built a 6.5ft3 box for a single 15" L7 .... :eek4dance

1 - 19 of 19 Posts