Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Garage Queen Club
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slowly trying to get out of this game, as my plans for the future are changing. The car has been " up for sale" for over a year, but I haven't been too serious. I am reconsidering the thought again, of course, for the right price.

1999 GSX 90k miles on the chassis. A few of you know the car, thus I won't go into too much detail.

Car has a salvaged title from a flood 3 years ago. I completely stripped the car to bare metal and rebuilt it from the ground up, and had it re-inspected by NJ DMV for a rebuilt title. Never had an accident, owned it all my life.

Before I get to the mods and details, I am looking for $18k to $24k for the car, which will include anything/everything I have that is DSM related (spare motor, spare turbo, spare trannies and parts (lots of them), tons of stuff to keep the car going).

It will be difficult to put the car back to stock, and I do not plan on doing so for a lower price. I want to get rid of everything in one shot, if possible.

Major mods on the car:
1) The most obvious... Targa roof done by myself. Car has a "billion-point" roll cage to stiffen the chassis (and it IS stiff). Roof stowes in the in trunk. The roof itself is not finished, and needs a new plexiglass "sunroof" done (don't ahve time). As for leaks, there are none other than this plexiglass sunroof section which I have not yet finished.

2) Race-built motor, 8000 miles on it, has not yet been boosted or revved over 4krpm. I have not finished installing some electronics. The motor is in EXCELLENT condition, with a newly rebuilt head installed. I am very picky about my work, and this motor thus far is prestine. 155psi compresison all 4, 4% leakdown all 4. Motor has eagle rods/ross pistons, SSG flywheel, and all the goodies. Head is a stock 1g head. 272 cams, cam gears, MAGNUS sheet metal, New GT35 turbo installed, huge FMIC, 3.5" turbo-back exhaust with QTEC quiet valve system, etc..

3) AEM EMS included, running on my last 500whp pumpgas tune. May need some adjustments.

The car drives like a dream, purrs like a kitten. Very relieable. NO oil leaks from anywhere, undercarriage is very clean. Car has been well maintained, garage kept, by me. I know this car from the back of my hand, and everythign on it works correctly. (NO AC)

Exterior, there is a small dent on driver side door, and minor scratches on the front 1/4 panels. Car has original paint.

Interior, all new carpet, new plastic interior trim pieces. I did my best to clean up the interior. It is very clean and nicely trimmed. Photos on my website tell the story.

There is so much to list, so much on this car, I think it would be easier for anyone interested to access my website, http://www.twingles.com/ideck

Just looking for some bids, and interest. I am simply growing tired of this hobby. Please pass the word around. I'll gladly bring it out to anyone who would like to see it for themselves. Thanks.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
is it me, or is there just a random bar going across the roof... man that looks awesome

p.s. you know there is a OC for sale section right ?

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Verge said:
is it me, or is there just a random bar going across the roof... man that looks awesome
I beleive the bar is for support since he removed a portion of the roof, which helps to reinforce the whole chasis of the car. :)

·
Garage Queen Club
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could have sworn this was posted in the "Other Cars" section...

The bar accross the roof is the reduce "cowl shake", nothing to do with chassis stiffening. Basically, if you take the targa off your Supra, you will notice theh rear-view shakes (it did on my Supra). Adding the bar reduced the shake. Car feels stiff without the bar anywho...

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
dre99gsx said:
I could have sworn this was posted in the "Other Cars" section...
I could have sworn it was extremely simple to post an "other car than a Supra for sale" in the proper and easy to see "Other Cars For Sale" forum.

Moving for the forum-impaired...

·
Garage Queen Club
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I said, I posted this in the Other Cars forum, I don't know what your talking about. I was searching the "Other Cars" forum looking for other DSMs for sale, and clicked on "New Thread".

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
dre99gsx said:
Like I said, I posted this in the Other Cars forum, I don't know what your talking about. I was searching the "Other Cars" forum looking for other DSMs for sale, and clicked on "New Thread".
Dude, you posted in the "Other Cars" forum. Look at where I moved it to...

"OTHER CARS FOR SALE"

·
Garage Queen Club
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for moving my post.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Dre, I hate to see you selling your DSM. You are one of the main people that inspired me to build up my Talon. Good luck with the sale.

·
Garage Queen Club
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. I don't want to sell it, and I doubt anyone will offer what I request. But nonetheless, its available. I have so much invested, money and time, that I can't really put a price on it. But, I think this is fair price. I just have NO time to even drive it, too many things going on with life, etc..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts