1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Looks more like a rival to the E55 AMG because noth have automatic transmissions and a lower-rev laid back nature. I think that STS SAE 100 is a concept.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
you can get a blower for the current CTSV, magnaflow i think puts it like 450 /465 to the ground for like $7k

·
Registered
237 Posts
505HP blown 6.0 ,ceramic brakes, and all those cool gadgets is awesome. Too bad GM will never make it.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
KERR said:
you can get a blower for the current CTSV, magnaflow i think puts it like 450 /465 to the ground for like $7k
mangaflow makes mufflers :doh:

What kind of Virginian are you, anyways? :p

MagnaCHARGER makes blowers for CTS-V's

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
I think the coolest thing about is the gas capless fuel tank. I wonder how much that would costs to add to every car.

·
KILL THE WABBIT!
253 Posts
i still like the CTS-V

can't get that out of my head! :( :dunno:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I doubt they will produce it. It would have more power than the flagship XLR-V, which is rated at 440hp. Its like Chevy selling a sedan with 560hp when the Z06 will only make 500.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
jesus christ.

soon enough, GM will let every car have the LS2 engine as an option from the factory.

fucking ghey.

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
Why is that ghey? With Mercedes, you can get the twin turbo V12 or blown V8 in a number coupes, sedans or convertibles. They (GM) already spread the Northstar around in many forms. Lexus and Infiniti only have like what, two engines total?

GM had better do something to save money and stimulate sales. How many 1.1 billion dollar quarterly losses can they take?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
GPTourer said:
Why is that ghey? With Mercedes, you can get the twin turbo V12 or blown V8 in a number coupes, sedans or convertibles. They (GM) already spread the Northstar around in many forms. Lexus and Infiniti only have like what, two engines total?

GM had better do something to save money and stimulate sales. How many 1.1 billion dollar quarterly losses can they take?
because it's the exclusiveness of their flagship sport car corvette? it kinda destroyed it when you stuck that same engine and tranny into gazillion different vehicles

camaro, trans am, gto, cadillac, etc...

:wtflol:

Imagine if toyota decided to let you have the 2jz-gte engine as an option from the factory for all of their vehicle.

2jz-gte: celica, corolla, camry, mr-2, tacoma, solara, etc....

that kinda destroyed the exclusiveness of the MKIV supra doesn't it. because every single fucking one of their car can get the same performance and modability as the MKIV supra.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
GPTourer said:

If they want to stimulate sales, how about start making cars that are not POS? Pfft..they blame everything on the labor union & health care.

they just did another recall of over 2 million vehicles.

·
Bench Racer of the Year
692 Posts
Kroze,

IS300, GS300, SC300. Here in the States, they came with 2JZ-GE versions, but in the land of the rising sun, they had the option of the 2JZ-GTE. A Corvette is still a Corvette, a Supra is still a Supra. It takes a lot more than an engine to make a car.

Regards,
Brian

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Kroze said:
jesus christ.

soon enough, GM will let every car have the LS2 engine as an option from the factory.

fucking ghey.
Let them put the engine in all of their models, they'll probably sell more. Who cares if the same engine that is in the Corvette is also in a four door Cadillac. The person buying the Corvette isn't going to give two shits about the Cadillac. He's buying a fast sports car, not a fast sedan.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
brewster said:
Let them put the engine in all of their models, they'll probably sell more. Who cares if the same engine that is in the Corvette is also in a four door Cadillac. The person buying the Corvette isn't going to give two shits about the Cadillac. He's buying a fast sports car, not a fast sedan.
explain the camaro, trans-am, gto.

"let's just put the corvette engine & tranny in it, claim that it make slightly less horsepower than the vette, and sell it as a cheapman's corvette"

a corvette is their flagship sport car, why would anyone take away one of the exclusiveness of the car and put it in 4 different models?

it takes a lot more than an engine to make a car?

do you think that if the MKIV supra have a 2.0 cylinder engine that makes 200hp, running a ridiculously high compression that it is impossible to mod for more power, would people have much interest in it at all??

if engine has little to do with a fucking car, why do you people...well, all the car people flocked over v8 mustangs, camaro, trans am, corvette, grand national, and turbo import such as supras, 300zx tt, 3kgt tt, etc...

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Kroze said:
explain the camaro, trans-am, gto.

"let's just put the corvette engine & tranny in it, claim that it make slightly less horsepower than the vette, and sell it as a cheapman's corvette"

a corvette is their flagship sport car, why would anyone take away one of the exclusiveness of the car and put it in 4 different models?
All three of those cars are muscle cars, not sports cars. Therefore they don't compete with the Corvette. GM has been putting the same engine in their muscle cars as the Corvette for decades and I'm sure it hasn't hurt Corvette sales because the cars really aren't direct competitors.

Kroze said:
it takes a lot more than an engine to make a car?

do you think that if the MKIV supra have a 2.0 cylinder engine that makes 200hp, running a ridiculously high compression that it is impossible to mod for more power, would people have much interest in it at all??
Yes it takes a lot more than just the engine to make a car, but I never said that if you take that engine away you will have the same vehicle with the same appeal.

Kroze said:
if engine has little to do with a fucking car, why do you people...well, all the car people flocked over v8 mustangs, camaro, trans am, corvette, grand national, and turbo import such as supras, 300zx tt, 3kgt tt, etc...
Again, I never said that the engine has nothing to do with making the car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts