Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All - attached is the dyno of my run today. Put down 507.7rwhp @ 17psi....not too bad I'd say for the auto. Considering this big turbo really shines > 20psi. Notice how flat the curve is once on boost - pulled hard right to 7900rpms.

-Stay tuned for hi-boost pulls :)

Jay

Question - why did my dyno graph post get moved but the Supra 7 dyno sheet stay in the General Forum. Basically the same post...just different cars....??

B

·
0 Posts
Letdown

Talk about letdown!!!

I've been waiting weeks for you to dyno that monster and you post a whooping 17psi run!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon Jay, does you finger hurt or something???? TURN UP THE KNOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Letdown

BLK-SP64 said:
Talk about letdown!!!

I've been waiting weeks for you to dyno that monster and you post a whooping 17psi run!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon Jay, does you finger hurt or something???? TURN UP THE KNOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahahaa.....dude I am totally with you! But, here's why - we spent 4+hours...yes 4++ hours on basic tuning/plugs and getting a nice 17psi pulls down. My mistake was taking a friend up there who had to be back in Philly by 6pm - I just ran out of time! dammit, I too was pissed. I'll be back in a week or two.

800rwhp...here I come!

Jay

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Good numbers for 17 psi through an auto. Now turn the boost up to 30+ psi and let it rip!

I have no idea what the deal is with the other post, doesn't seem fair to me.

·
Listen to my hands...
323 Posts
Great #'s Philly. You're just scratcing the service. My friend would have cought a cab:D

How much was your Haltech? Is it hard to tune? I have heard it is pretty good at tuning out a few hundred rpms of lag.

Scott

Peace

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott In Vegas said:
Great #'s Philly. You're just scratcing the service. My friend would have cought a cab:D

How much was your Haltech? Is it hard to tune? I have heard it is pretty good at tuning out a few hundred rpms of lag.

Scott

Peace

Thanks for the compliments guys...as for the haltech...well - the ecu itself is only about $1150 - gotta add maybe $750 for the install though. Personally, it's not the easiest thing in the world to tune - just because it controls EVERYTHING! However, Bullish makes it look easy. If you're thinking about getting one. I'd say plan on about $2000 just to be safe. But it does eliminate the G-force upgrade, vpc, gcc...etc...

Jay

PS - yes, I should of put her in a cab!

B

·
0 Posts
Lagtime said:
I have no idea what the deal is with the other post, doesn't seem fair to me.

Dude, I love Jays car; if I had to do again, I 'd do it like him. He has the biggest turbo, best manifold, haltec and an auto.....I'm honestly expecting 730rwhp to 750rwhp on turbo(it is still an auto)--so posting a dyno 200rwhp below my expectations was really a letdown. Im sure Jay wants to see what that thing can really do.

Jay, Marko made 650rwhp on the SP70(no NOS). I think 50 to 80rwhp more then that is really a good # to expect/shoot for. 750 on an auto is like 900 on a 6spd.

Whatever the case---good luck Jay!!

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Damn good numbers for that boost level. Sorry about the other post you made, we didn't mean to ruin the thread. The Haltech only set you back $2k? I really thought it was more than that. Would you honestly reccomend it on a smaller turbo straight street car? Think you'd reccomend it over the VPC GCC route? Thanks for your input. A big congrats on the numbers. Also, were you at the end of your pump gas A/F on this dyno? Was this on pump?

Thanks
Adam

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adrocktt said:
Damn good numbers for that boost level. Sorry about the other post you made, we didn't mean to ruin the thread. The Haltech only set you back $2k? I really thought it was more than that. Would you honestly reccomend it on a smaller turbo straight street car? Think you'd reccomend it over the VPC GCC route? Thanks for your input. A big congrats on the numbers. Also, were you at the end of your pump gas A/F on this dyno? Was this on pump?

Thanks
Adam
Adam -

Well, the haltech ecu itself is about $1150, about 750 for install (maybe more), then you have to add $$ for tuning - not for the novice!

I don't think the size of the turbo or "street use" is really a factor when choosing Haltech - however, the street part is a bit of factor. If you are looking for the ultimate in tuning - looking ot get each HP and make the best curve...then yes, Haltech is the way - for any size turbo.

However, it does take more prep...etc...than the normal gcc, vpc route. Plus, there aren't alot of good Haltech tuners out there. The gcc/vpc has alot more decent tuners out there...plus you can post here and get some good anwsers vs. only a handful of Haltech tuners.

Jay

F

·
0 Posts
Adrocktt said:
Damn good numbers for that boost level.
That's odd. I think those are good numbers too, but when I posted the same hp at the same boost for my car, T66DAWG was going on about how much it sucked. I feel a bit better knowing they are in line with other 3L cars, esp. since I think you have a bigger turbo.

Way to go. And, let's see what it does when you really wind that big turbo out.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FastNSX said:

That's odd. I think those are good numbers too, but when I posted the same hp at the same boost for my car, T66DAWG was going on about how much it sucked. I feel a bit better knowing they are in line with other 3L cars, esp. since I think you have a bigger turbo.

Way to go. And, let's see what it does when you really wind that big turbo out.
Don't sweat it man - there are people on here who will always bad mouth any #'s. Glad to hear you put down some decent numbers at low-boost too!

Jay

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Your such a frickin tease! Lets go to the dragstrip already and get some real, seat of the pants dyno numbers! :) But seriously lets see a 30 psi pull and then we will have to set a date to go to Cecil or Maple Grove.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts