Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy that i recently picked up some parts from has 4 of the 550cc high impedance RX-7 purple top injectors left. (denzo p/n 195500-2020) These are the ones that are supposed to be a direct fit for the N/A fuel rail. (I picked up a used set of these injectors and had them tested and refurbished.)

Whatever the case, the injectors he has are used but low mileage and working. He doesn't have the plugs but they are a standard denzo plug. Aaaand he'd like to get $30 an injector. I don't think he has a complete set of 6 left, but i've seen several sets of 4 go up on ebay recently (do a search on "rx7 injectors" and "rx-7 injectors") and you could use these to fill out a set. (Also if you want them refurbished, there's quite a few places that will test, clean and rebuild injectors for about $10 apiece.)

His name is Seth Wilson and you can email him at: [email protected]

·
Registered
76 Posts
These are the ones that are supposed to be a direct fit for the N/A fuel rail.
I am currently running them, so it is a guranteed fit. Also don`t worry about the electrical connectors, they are the same as the stock ones.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
what year model rx7's use these injectors..

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
1989-1991 turbo II's.

I found this page to be quite helpful:

http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/fuelinjectorguide.htm

Oh, and those injectors are often referred to as "purple top" injectors. But it's very much a reddish purple. I doubted that they were the right part when i initially saw pics of them. The red top inectors are a very similar color but are definitely red in comparison. Best way to tell is have the person check the part number on the side of the injectors.

·
Sheep on the hood...
511 Posts
so it would be a no problem if i got a set of 2 x 4 injectors?
they are 550cc's?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think i understand what you're trying to ask. . .

it shouldn't be a problem if you get 2 sets of 4. Especially if you get them cleaned. (or you could get all 8 cleaned and keep the 6 that have the closest flow characteristics.)

If they're top feed injectors, they *should* fit our rail. And to be compatable with our injection system without modifications they need to be high impedance. If they're low impedance, they can be made to work with a MKIII resistor pak.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
RabidChild said:
1989-1991 turbo II's.

I found this page to be quite helpful:

http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/fuelinjectorguide.htm

Oh, and those injectors are often referred to as "purple top" injectors. But it's very much a reddish purple. I doubted that they were the right part when i initially saw pics of them. The red top inectors are a very similar color but are definitely red in comparison. Best way to tell is have the person check the part number on the side of the injectors.
wouldn't the red tops work as well though

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, they'd work fine. But they'd be 460's rather than 550's. If you're getting 2 sets of 4, you don't want to mix and match. It's also just to know what you're getting. Since i got injectors and had them refurbished, i only wanted to do it once. And 550's will allow me a bit more time before I have to upgrade fuel again.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
oh cmon, a little mix'n'match never hurt nobody

1 - 9 of 9 Posts