Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I'm new to Supras. I'm an MR2 guy. Anyways. I was looking on ebay and sawa mines ECU. I asked the guy what injectors it was for. He said that they were for teh JDM 440's but could be used with teh USDM 550s no problem....

So in the mr2 world if you did that you'd be running SUPER rich. Do Supra ecu's adjust to injector size or something?

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
For closed loop operation at lower throttle yes, they do compensate. But you'd need an SAFC to tune it out for open loop operation in boost/high throttle.

One thing to keep in mind is that unlike the MR2 ECU, you can do pretty well with scalar injector correction on the Supra ECU up to a point.
The other thing of course is that remapped JDM ECU's are something of a gamble since they do have a little bit higher octane pump gas than we do and oftentimes bump the timing a bit. If you do get it, I'd recommend getting an SAFC or Emanage and tuning the WOT to be on the richer side, like 11.0:1 just to be safe.

Also keep in mind that the JDM 2JZ-GTE runs on MAP, so you'd disconnect your mass air sensor but everything else stays in place. If you're using this on a USDM car, You'd need to integrate the factory JDM intake air temp sensor into the intake manifold or use a JDM intake manifold with the IAT already fitted and wired accordingly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've taken my Mr2 as far as i want to go with it. So I'm looking at supras now.

I'm in canada, and we are getting 1993's imported from japan for pretty cheap/low km's.

At first i thoguht 550's would satisy my power hunger. But now i'm thinking i'd just go AEM and upgrade the fuel to support 800whp ish....

I'd hope to get around 550whp on pump gas....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts