Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone ever ran 550s with 7mge electronics. Do the wiring clips with the rc injectors work with the ge electronics as well? I have a boosted ge with ge electronics, so I need more fuel. Thanks

na-t Dave

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
it would be exactly the same as doing the 550 upgrade to a GTE. the injector clips are the same between the two motors. however, even with the GTE's you have to cut the existing clips off and solder on the new RC clips, or whaever injectors you decide to go with.

the only direct/plug+play injectors for our cars are the oldschool rx-7 550's. they're denso's, and if you can find them, the spray pattern isn't as good as the RC's.

you'll have no problem using them with GE electronics. injectors are just solenoids. when they receive a signal (power) they open. when there's no signal, they close. it's like an automatic door, so to speak. when someone walks up to it (signal) it opens, when there's nobody there (no signal) it closes.

-shaeff

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
shaeff said:
it would be exactly the same as doing the 550 upgrade to a GTE.....
Umm, no. The ECU is expecting 330cc/min injectors & the size of the AFM inlet then becomes a question mark. Good luck trying to get that kluge to function properly.

Take care.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yeah- I used 440's in my NA, but also had a freeflow intake and full exhaust(header). In order to keep it from being rediculously rich under WOT, I dremeled out the AFM adjustment ring to increase the low-side adjustability. Worked very well.
Did I NEED 440's? Did it help performance? I really don't know.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the 440s I was running 13's a/fs on 10ish psi. The air flow meter was completely fine. I've NEVER once ran rich on WOT. Off boost is easy to tune as well..The only hard thing to tune is 65+mph. For some reason I'll run 10a/fs and richer no matter how much fuel I take out of the afc..Anyone know why?

na-t Dave

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
Larry_A said:
Umm, no. The ECU is expecting 330cc/min injectors & the size of the AFM inlet then becomes a question mark. Good luck trying to get that kluge to function properly.

Take care.
i should have been more clear. i was assuming (making an ass of myself, i suppose) that he was already taking care of the air part. my mistake. listen to larry.

-shaeff

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I should have been more clear too.
I was using turbo injectors in a NON-turbo engine. I missed the part about you being NA-T.

·
Registered
95 Posts
shaeff said:
the only direct/plug+play injectors for our cars are the oldschool rx-7 550's. they're denso's, and if you can find them, the spray pattern isn't as good as the RC's.

As far as I remember you can use "Venom" 550`s as well. They`re p&p too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts