Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my 90T's been in the shop pretty much most of the winter since I'm in VT for college at the moment. And I just got a 60 trim(unclipped) CT upgrade, and i've got pretty much all supporting mods, 550's afpr, walbo, AEM wb o2 senor, safc-II yadda yadda. I haven't found anyone with a lex afm that are willing to sell. If i'm not able to find one, should i be alright as long as I do some tuning with WB and Safc-II? Just curious, or if anyone has one that they're willing to sell, that would be great. Take care!

George

·
The Wilwood Brakes Dude
228 Posts
Sure you will be fine. all you will need is a FCD and you can run the hell out of your stock AFM. IMO you should up grade your Turbo to a full 60-1 with a free flowing exhaust before you do anything else. Is there any interest in a ct26-T4 adapter like this. I made this one and I can definately make more.

Checkit, all these are in my 71 Datsun 240 Z so the car wont look like a Supra engine compartment.

G

·
It would run with tuning, but won't raise fuel cut much, if at all.
In fact, it may reduce your fuel cut point since you're giving it more fuel.
Tuning helps though so it all matters.
I say run the 440s until u get the lex afm. Just my opinion.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well since i already had the CT-26 sent out and upgraded, it's a little too late for a the 60-1, and I already have a free flowing exhaust, blitz nur spec, tanabe dp(waiting on my BIC DDP) so I guess the best idea is to just look around for the lex afm. B/c I really want to get up to 16 17 psi for the high side, and maybe 10- 12psi on the low boost.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
no, you wont need a FCD, and yes, it will raise fuel cut. Note that he has an afc and WB.

The 550's will inject more fuel without your computer knowing it. With the afc, you can reduce the airflow signal by a corresponding amount without the computer knowing it, so now it runs similar afr's as stock. Since fuel cut is caused by an airflow reading, and you have scaled that down, the sensor can read a higher frequency without fuel cut at the ecu.

Once you tune it, I can almost guarantee you that you will have fc at the same level as a tuned lex/550 combo.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
Also, being you have the rest of the fuel mods and a wideband, you can add a small filter to one of the ports in the accordian hose which will in effect act as a Lexus. A Lexus allows 25% more air flow, so I'm sure you can figure out the size, perhaps 20% more air and start tuning from there. Take your time and you should get where you want to be .

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a lot guys, you've been a great help. I'll let you guys know what the outcome is. Thanks again

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
550 without lex.. you can run e-85 ;)

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
any word yet on does it matter what year the afm is from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts