Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
3,796 Posts
Awesome!! What turbo are you running? Ah hell.....might as well list all your mods cause you know ppl are gonna ask. ;)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
What really sucks is you spool at 4.5k and you only have till 6.5 before you redline... But that is some SERIOUS power!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ckanderson said:
What really sucks is you spool at 4.5k and you only have till 6.5 before you redline... But that is some SERIOUS power!

The spool got alot better when I fixed the hole in the a/f chart, but I ran once after that on a different graph. The car was loading up until then but the numbers for the last chart were 500 rwhp/465 rwtq @ 19 psi with the a/f's at 11.5 across the board.

88 turbo
7m-gte/HKS 1.2 and ARP bolts
SP67GT with a p trim and .68 a/r
vpc/afc/680's
4 inch exhaust

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
congrats sean!

500rw at 19psi is sweet!
even [email protected] psi there is still plenty of room there. next time you dyno i want to get a call about 30psi and 600rw ;)

nice job man.

dave

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Nice :) What does blueprinted internals help? what does that do exactly?

·
Registered
463 Posts
very nice numbers, grats

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
no 1 have the answer?

·
Nautical Blue MR2T
1,520 Posts
Blueprinted (and balanced) I believe means precicely machined so when they spin they are completely even and dont have more weight on one side of the axis than another, which would make them want to wabble. All it does is pretty much make em more reliable at higher RPMs and less likely to distort and spin bearings and such at higher power levels. If there is more please feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Krister said:
Why is there such a small gain in power when going from 19psi to 26psi? 500rwhp vs 557rwhp ???

I might be getting to a point where the a/r on the turbine is causing too much back pressure. I talked with SP when I bought the turbo and they said in this configuration that it should do around 680 to 700 hp at the flywheel so I figure if I can get 600 rwhp or close at 30 psi I'll be happy and then I might change a/r's and go to a .81.

When I built the engine all the pistons, rods, combustion chambers and such were brought to the same weight as each other. ie all the pistons weighed the same, all the rods weighed the same and so on.

88 turbo
7m-gte/HKS 1.2 and ARP bolts
SP67GT with a p trim and .68 a/r
vpc/afc/itc/680's
4 inch exhaust
HKS intercooler and piping
Aeromotive pump and Kirban regulator

1 - 20 of 30 Posts