Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What 1/4 mile time can be expected with a full weight stock auto supra making 560hp? It has proefi, 6466, hks 264s, 3800 stall and 315/35/17 mt drag radials? It's on flex fuel too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Pretty stout combo honestly. The 6466 might die off up top and not pick up on the back half. But It should no doubt crack into the 10's. I had a similar setup but a old cast 6768 back in the day. Ran a 10.33 at like 131? Was my fav street combo, oh the memories of 2006.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has a the drift motion turbo kit on it. I took the 60-1 off and put the 6466 on. So it has a knock off hks gate and bov. The car won't go above 25psi. But I'm thinking that it's the spring in the gate. I was hoping the car would be able to get in the 30psi/600 hp range. I'm hoping that it will go mid tens as it sits at 560

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
When you say 560hp, I assume you mean 560whp? My car with 585whp went [email protected] with a 67GTQ, 3800 stall, 264s, and BL built trans back in 2006.

Steve K.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it made 560 to the tires. I honestly don't know what it made on spring alone. The car was tuned by Errol from tps at isp's location in md. (Just so you know it isn't a fly by night tune)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well you guys are keeping me optimistic. If I could get the car in the 10.4/10.5 range as it sits I'd be happy.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I never dynod mine, but based on a weight of 3600 and max trap speed of 128 (10.5-10.6 with traps 125-128) my car is calculated in making around 570hp (I'm assuming at the engine). Setup is 6766 on stock longblock with a built auto and a 4000 stall at 23psi of boost on the stock MAF. This was at 23psi as the stock MAF seemed to have maxed out - would hit some kind of fuel cut at boost >23psi. You may trap a little higher as your stall is not as loose, but at least that's a rough idea in what you should expect.

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
I never dynod mine, but based on a weight of 3600 and max trap speed of 128 (10.5-10.6 with traps 125-128) my car is calculated in making around 570hp (I'm assuming at the engine). Setup is 6766 on stock longblock with a built auto and a 4000 stall at 23psi of boost on the stock MAF. This was at 23psi as the stock MAF seemed to have maxed out - would hit some kind of fuel cut at boost >23psi. You may trap a little higher as your stall is not as loose, but at least that's a rough idea in what you should expect.
Once the stock max signal maxes out you can't add fuel. It doesn't really have a fuel cut, you will just run lean.

Steve

·
Registered
678 Posts
Once the stock max signal maxes out you can't add fuel. It doesn't really have a fuel cut, you will just run lean.

Steve
For some reason the car did not go lean (afr 11.0-11.2 from 4000 on up) when it did go over 23psi on the stock MAF/SAFC, just felt like it would 'soft' limiter. Replaced plugs, new coilpacks and DLI did nothing to fix it. It wasn't until I went VPC that I could go over 23psi.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts

Steve
You could add larger injectors and lean out the SAFC, which reduces the MAF signal. This is an old trick, and what we used to do with the DSM's, though it was a Karman Vortex MAF. One hurdle is to get the car to run in closed loop properly with the larger injectors. If you can, then it should work okay.

Increased fuel pressure is another way to richen the car up once the MAF signal is maxed.

Al

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i picked the car up yesterday from isp. It went from 420hp to 570. It feels slightly faster :)

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
very true. i myself will not take it the strip or track till the 6sp goes in. but just having fun on backroads/highway would be nice to have a littleeee more than 490-500 lol
Yeah, that should not be a problem. IIRC, the only real problem (2nd gear sprag) is with 2nd gear burnouts. I have been "told" that 1st gear burnouts are ok and all other relatively hard driving is OK up to some unknown WHP above 500!

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
You could add larger injectors and lean out the SAFC, which reduces the MAF signal. This is an old trick, and what we used to do with the DSM's, though it was a Karman Vortex MAF. One hurdle is to get the car to run in closed loop properly with the larger injectors. If you can, then it should work okay.

Increased fuel pressure is another way to richen the car up once the MAF signal is maxed.

Al
No you can't. The MAF will still read 100% or the max voltage. The safe can reduce that signal to the ECU but once the MAF is reading 100% and you want to introduce more air into it, it can't read higher. That's when it is time to switch to a VPC or Map ECU or standalone.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
Good luck with car coming out of ISP is all I have to say. Were you there to watch the tuning? But like others have said. Prob get into 10s depending on few things.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't been to the track yet but have done quite of few wot passes on the street. So far I have not had any ill sides effects from the trans. Still runs/drives/ and shifts like the day it came from the factory. Will it last? Absolutely not. For all I know it will grenade the first pass at the track. Right now I'm having an issue with my induction performance converter. It's a 3800 but will only flash to 2800. Will not come out of vacuum on the footbrake either. So the converter has to be pulled and sent back.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts