Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm about to get my turbo sent into driftmotions for a rebuild, my car is between 8-9 psi. Will I hit fuel cut if I put a 57 trim ct26. No boost controller is on my car, I have full 3" exhaust, cxracing inter cooler and hard pipes and hks mushroom intake.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Although everyone's car may react differently, for mine it did not hit fuel cut till exactly 12psi when I had the same setup as yours. Depends how well the engine has been maintained over the years. I'd say you should be fine.

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
Mine hit fuel cut about 10psi when I put the 57 trim on my 7mgte when I was on the stock electronics.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hit fuel cut on stock CT 26 when I put Spearco IC, hard pipes and full 3" exhaust with the divorced DP on the car. Was a real disappointment to get a performance increase for a few seconds and then fall on its face. Had to do the Lex MAF housing/550 injector mod on short order after that.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I guess it really is different for every car. Mine hit at 12. Depends how good in shape your intake, head, fuel, and exhaust systems are.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My motor is freshly rebuild with cosmetic MHG and arp head studs torqued to 90. All new hoses everything.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Then you should be seeing up to 12. i had no boost leaks and I made it up to 12 on the 57 trim. You'll notice a BIG difference. Be prepared lol. I went straight from a stock ct 26 at 6 psi straight to the 57 trim to 12 psi. It's a whole new world lol. And then you get bored of it after a few months and then you move to a bigger turbo lol. Typical supra stuff lol. That's the one thing I hate about this car. Always thirsty for more power. Aka money pit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts