Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fresh rebuilt 7mgte with .040 pistons, mhg, arps but everything else is bone stock. If I bolt up a 57 trim ct26 at the same boost levels would I get any gains or would it be the same power wise? Thanks

·
I gots deep pockets cuz
952 Posts
You are going to get gains because you can turn the boost up more. I have a 57 trim turbo and I love it. There is hardly any lag and the boost comes on about 2500 and goes ape shit from there. I know of a guy down the street who has a 60-1 and he said he don't get his boost until almost 4K

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are going to get gains because you can turn the boost up more. I have a 57 trim turbo and I love it. There is hardly any lag and the boost comes on about 2500 and goes ape shit from there. I know of a guy down the street who has a 60-1 and he said he don't get his boost until almost 4K
I can't turn the boost up much yet because of fuel cut so until then...

·
Registered
25 Posts
also have a 57trim and love it! I went from stock to 62-1 ct-26 and I saw alot of improuvment at same boost levels! The difference now with the 57trim, it spools way earlier and with great power.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
well main question I have is does the .57 still fall off around ~6ishk? my stock one would fall off around 5600 and don't wanna upgrade (in the future) if its still going to have that flat spot

<l><l>

·
Registered
588 Posts
i had a 60-1trim ct and i hit full boost at like 2900-3000k i was untuned and when it hit the car went buck-wild! but on colder days it spooled faster :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you will make more power at the same boost pressure as the new turbo will be more efficient.

cooler (denser) air = more fuel burned = more power.
thats exactly what i was wondering. because my old turbo died but my engine is still stock so i bought a 57 trim and waiting to install my engine. i am just hoping it will be more powerful than stock aty the same boost levels. does anyone know how much power it would add? i will be using a manual boost controller to get as close to fuel cut as possible. my friend has a 97 eclipse gst and his car takes off and gives me a roiller coaster feeling all the time, thats what i want in my car. we have like 20 more hp but his car is around 3100lbs unlike ours.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the 62-1 keith not the 60-1. But when that thing hits 4k it blows my tires off beacause it hits so hard, i hope in the dummer time my tires will grip better.

·
Registered
656 Posts
the 57trim only really makes more power at higher boost levels where a stock ct nears or goes passed it efficincy as dictated by the compressor map, the 57 trim just has a larger range where it is still efficient

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,578 Posts
if you have a small turbo at 12psi and a big turbo at 12psi the big turbo will have more power for several reasons.

1) it wont have to work as hard
2) theres more air that is at 12psi
3) it wont heat up from working hard (denser air)

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts