Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to the track on sunday and just have a question.
getting a spearco intercooler, 57trim ct-26, aeromotive FPR, a/f gauge this week. I already have walbro 255 fuel pump, lexus afm, boost controller, downpipe and exhaust.
wondering how much boost i can run on this setup as long as i up the fuel pressure and watch the a/f gauge to see.
right now im running 13.5 to 14psi on stock turbo and so far absolutly no problems..been like this for over a month and no problems. am i safe to run maybe 1bar or 15psi?
as long as i watch the a/f gauge to make sure i dont run real lean am i safe to do that?

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
seems our mods are sorta similar! let me know what ur Fuel pressure is when its all hooked up! cause i seem to be runnning bloody rich at 32psi and i have a 57 trim, Spearco B&P, APFR, Walbro, 460cc's and a heavy foot! :(

otherwise... i would recomend u get an EGT guage! eventhough i know im running rich and my A/F is telling me i am, im not about to turn it down cause a few LED's think they can sway my mind! thats what is holding me back from upping the boost cause i lost some cirtical wiring form my old HKS EGT guage during my summer swap! that and some dyno tuning! ;) an A/F guage isnt a guage i would rely ur faith in! u also have a Lexus which is something i am NOT running and dont plan to! with stock injectors i think nothing over 14psi would be "safe"! if u got upgraded 550's then go ahead and turn up the boost! but with stocky's pumpin the juice, 14psi on a 57 trim, is pushing it! i say back off the boost, hook ur girl up to a wideband, do some tuning and possibly get an EGT! THEN and only then would i say go to the track and put up some aweomse times! ;)

Id' rather play it safe then play it sorry! thats why since i have done the "major mods" to my car i have not raced or turned up the boost in fear my immature childlike boost craving will get the best of me and my bank account!

this is just my advice! but be patient and do it right! thats how i have done it and dont regret a second of it!

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
some older guy in his late 30's to early 40's ran 13.5 @108mph.
I was talking to him at the tracks earlier this summer about his mods. He didn't have much done to his supra either..stock turbo,stock intercooler, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, 3' downpipe,custom exhaust system 3', greddy profec b boost controller,apex safc, lexus afm (running on stock fuelpump and stock injectors) and running 13.5's, i thought that was amazing..

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
well DUH! i know why he ran such good times... he had (according to u) a 3 foot exhuast setup from turbo to tip! :p :lol:

did he have any fuel computers or a FCD?! more importantly u knwo if his car is running anymore?! :p

sure those times are attainable and with few mods anybody can turn up the boost! but to be able to still drive the car home and or make it last with minor repairs for a few months is an accomplishment right there! i resepct someone who treats there car well and waits a year before racing at the track then a clueless guy with a trigger finger on the boost controller putting up good times one night! cause the one who waited cn come back and race the next day, and the boost frenzy'd pyro will be bitching a week or so later saygin that... "My engine took a crap on me! its all the engines fault! stupid 7M!" :rolleyes:

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
supranick,
your a funny guy hahahaha :D , it's 3 inch exhaust and downpipe..well as far as the guy that was telling me this he had a apex safc backing the fuel system up..not much..i remember asking him if he had the hks fcd and him saying no cause he had the lexus preventing from fuelcut's..

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
NO ur the funny guy! cause u said 3 foot exhuast! dont try and act cool and give me the award, its all u! u da man! i popped a sleeping pill that is making me hlucinate and type weird stuff! so u win 450TRWHP! cause u are the cooler.... that holds all the icey drinks after a soccer game! :cool:

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cmon guys dont need to twist the thread huh?
anyways. ive been running it like this for a good month or more and been racing it almost every weekend. so far no problems..did a compression test 2 weekends ago and its on the dot to the specs. i figure this sunday is the last race that im gonna attend and want official times for it. then it goes down and a total rebuild is in effect...along with a bunch of other goodies...
lets get some more replies here

·
VIPER HUNTER
835 Posts
< [email protected] stock injectors,fuel pump

vpc,15psi,and all the other doodaads without spray...........

hows those 460cc injectors nick?I think viperlocc should pop some of 460cc in.At 42psi base fuel pressure he should be getting plenty of fuel for over 15psi

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
just make sure it runs a faster time than my bro's civic (all-motor baby) :p ;)

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you and me mkiiisupraguy muhahaha..
:p
i'll beat you..haha got some setup up the sleeves..:D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts