Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling my all original 83 5mge w 64k miles a new timing belt in dec of 04, ngk wires are the only non orig item. The engine is complete from afm to w58 trans w all parts in-between.
Engines not pulled yet, should be out in a week or two.
This engine never leaks to the pavment, it has the usual seeping heads, engine pulls very well for a bone stock engine and the tranny is a very smooth shifter and the recent 7mge clutch works go w it ( upgraded last summer so thers only a few thousand miles on it). Synthetic has been used in both the engine and trans since I bought it in 02 The only parts missing will be the ones used in the swap-shouldnt be any, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
Let me know if anyone is intrested so I dont have to put this on E-Bay.
Cheers
Brian G

R

·
0 Posts
i was wondering if you would just sale the tranny to me my 1st and 2nd are out and im in need of one :'(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info on the engine so I dont have to repeat it multiple times on PM's

1983 5mge, I'm the second owner and it's still in my car and running very well and pulls very well per anyone who's ever been in the car and is familiar w the 5mge. There are no funny noises or knocks, this engine runs smooooth and quite.
I am the 2nd owner and have had it for approx 4 yrs, It pulls better than any 5mge I've ever been in excluding the turbo'd ones. The engine is still in my car and will be out in a few days to a week. The engine has the usual head seeping oil, but it is not enough to get close to dripping on the driveway--no spots in the drive way at all, it may consume 1qt every 3k mi. Always mobile 1-always.
All accesories work and all components are intact and working, this includes AFM and ECU, the AC is an unknown, but it was factory repaired before I bought the car and was working well when I bought it, I never used it and noticed it was not working last summer when I checked. The timing belt was replaced by toyota in dec of 04, so its only got 3-4k miles on it.
The trannys going for 200 plus shipping if seprate and includes a recent 7mge clutch works including a resurfaced fly wheel

Take your old engine out and throw it away.
This engine is the definition of plug and play.
Send me some offers
Thanks
Brian G

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kieth, pull your head out buddy.
this car was made in 1982, it has 64700 original miles on it, a quart burned or leaked in 6 monthes isnt jack squat.

Thanks for the post

M

·
0 Posts
My parents are heading up there this weekend :p Maybe I could get them to pick me up an engine (I'm from Canada) lol...

How much for just the engine? And I'm guessing these prices are in american (which is fine cuz the Cdn dollar kicks ass right now :69:

Name a price for the engine :)

M

·
0 Posts
Sorry but theres just no way I can bring it down here...
Parents are unfortunately not willing to take the truck and I don't have the time off to drive to Portland and back....

Once again very sorry I wish it were possible :(

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Just wanted to add...

I personally pulled this motor/tranny.. This car & engine have been so well taken care of I would eat off this motor! I've worked on a lot of cars in the past few years and this MK2 is by far the cleanest!!! Whoever ends up with this engine has a personal guarantee from me that they are getting an extremely great motor. Brian is a great guy to work with too, wouldnt hesitate for a second buying this from him!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts