Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
i have a 92 toyota pickup with a 5mge in it. is there anything else besides turbo and exhaust that i can do to it?
how deep do you want to get into it? Do you want just bolt ons, or are you wanting to rip into the motor?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
well i was planning on stroking it and turboing it. is there anything else that i can do?
If you stroke it, you're going to need a 6MGE or 7MGE/GTE crankshaft, and other parts, effectively making it a 6MGE. If your 5MGE has the high compression pistons, compression will be bumped from 9.2:1 to around 9.8:1, so you won't want to run a lot of boost with that. If you bore it out some, compression will go up even more. If you're planning on boosting, in any setup, I suggest a metal head gasket and ARP studs. You can get cams/regrinds for it as well. Contact [email protected] for that, but he will need cores.

Gonna use a stock CT26 setup for turbo? If you leave the 5MGE be, turbo'd it should put down around 210whp, if you make it a 6MGE, it should be around 240whp or so, both @ around 7/8psi

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work/headache. For $600 you can spray the shit out of the motor and make 100 extra hp!

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
Armin.... it really depends on what he wants this truck for. Who the hell wants to have to spray to go rock crawling or mudding and only having power available SOME of the time? What's wrong with having it all the time?

Honestly, we need to know what he wants the truck for. A daily driving screamer or a 4 wheeler, or what...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i drive the truck everyday. i dont go rock crawling but i do go 4 wheeling i also hook it up to other trucks. so im trying to get as much power out of it without spray. i dont want to spray it beings that will cost me more money then i got. i can get 7mge rods and crank for almost nothing. all i really want to do is blow my buddys cummins doors off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
We all know my view on this!But just to make sure.Turbo the 5m!It's easy cheap and simple!It won't make tons of power but it will get the job done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts