Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody done this before? I'd like to see a picture if possible. And where to buy them new or used.

-Graham

3,796 Posts
:rolleyes: MKIVs had 6 spd.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey genius they make 5spd n/a models....

Also if anybody knows where to buy cheaper 5spd mkiii shift knobs than this ebay link i found for $77.50 + shipping then lmk. Seems insanely high for a small leather shift knob.

Shift Knob Mk3

·
Registered
159 Posts
Silver88Turbo said:
:rolleyes: MKIVs had 6 spd.
Ever heard about the MkIV NA? That's right, you prick, they had the W58 5-speed. And what does it matter how many gears the trans has?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
JohnBunneIl said:
Ever heard about the MkIV NA? That's right, you prick, they had the W58 5-speed. And what does it matter how many gears the trans has?
Hahaha....OWNED!!:D

3,796 Posts
:urowned: haha Didnt know they had the w58 in the NA's....lol

Dont the turbo shift knobs have lettering on them for 6 gears? I figured that would look gay on a 5 spd. My bad! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the turbo shift shift knobs do have 6 gears on them. I wouldnt be that stupid to stick a 6spd knob a 5spd. Toyota had to make a FIVE speed shift knob for the n/a model. So anybody have something useful to say now that we got that out of the way?

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
JohnBunneIl said:
You need to shut up.

People around here don't appreciate name calling.... Just shut up.

D

·
0 Posts
I want one of these knobs. Wheres a cheap place to pick them up? Im sure the dealer will charge an arm and a leg as well as make you wait for a special order :mad:

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:eek: :p :D :bigthumb: :whip: :bootyshak :boobies: :fruit: :urowned: :lol: :dunce: :bigok: :rockon:

Bishop's shopped Bunnell avatar RULES! :urowned: ...For sure.

HA!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I also am wondering where a stock shift knob can be found for the Mk3 for less than the 77 dollar ebay price.

·
no more supras
2,175 Posts
it's gonna be pretty hard to find. watson sells it for eighty something. you might as well try to find something aftermarket w/ a similar color (hard for burgandy AFAIK, if anyone sees one let me know) for 60 or so.

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
Chris Jensen has had the MkIV 5 speed shift knob in his 89T since before I met him in 1997. It looks good... but he had to add something under the shift boot to bring the height up to meet the new knob - new knob is not as deep as the MkIII knob.

KeithH
89T

D

·
0 Posts
Not a problem for the guys who have done the SOGI short throw mod. I plan on cutting mine down about another 1.5"-2" then welding the threaded section of the top stick on.

MRSUPRA: I have a spare stock knob you can have if you want it (just pay like $5-$8 for shipping). Its black in color, but has the leather off of it (torn, so I peeled the leather off).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts