Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search was a little inconclusive. Looking for some fresh info on this subject.
Who has gone larger with the stock door speaker location?
6" or 6.5's. Which type are narrow enough to work behind stock door panel.
Are you using stock speaker encliosers and just making new mounts or making complete new enclosures in doors?

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
which speaker brand did you guys use and do you recall how deep they were front to back?

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
I have 6.5" Infinity Kappa Perfects with custom made brackets. I'm going to try and modify the stock enclosures to see if they will still fit, I just haven't gotten around to it. From the looks of it, they should fit fine.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I think I am going to tackle this either late this week or next.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
most any speaker should fit, unless it's ridiculously deep. i've seen guys throw in the Focal K2P's in the front...those things are no joke

·
93 Hardtopper
834 Posts
How about setting up a 3 way stage, anyone done that with good results? I have had Boston Pros for almost 8 years they have been great.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
brb426 said:
PM Nazar he does them all the time.

Ok, I will PM him for install hints.
Just as soon as the carbon fiber dust cloud from dremel clears here LOL

( I'm running the carbon door panels. )

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tore into these last night. Well it doesnt look like I will be going 6.5" afterall. The stock speaker location is not centered on the speaker cover Plus the enclosure provides no extra material to 'gut out' making room for mounting the 6.5" new ones into oem enclosure.
Basically it looks like you'd have to build out and build onto the stock enclosure making it larger then cut part of the new hole out into the added on area. Doesnt sound like a job thats practical. If Im going to go to that much trouble why even use the stock enclosure.
I'm going to just look for high output 4's and mount them to the same location.
So did anyone on here actually mount 6.5" using the stock enclosures? If so I'd love to hear exactly what you did to pull it off. I mean it looks like you'd have to add a bunch to the enclosure to get the 6.5 centered for cover.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I'm also interested in a bracket that will fit 6" inchers. IF you dont source one, please let me know what 4" you will be going with.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well till you mod out the oem enclosure to fit a " centered" 6.5" you might as well just throw the oem enclosure away and make a complete custom. Also any aftermarket 4" better be slim line or narrow because there isnt much space at all to the back side of our enclosures. I dont know what I am doing at the moment Im just frustrated lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts