Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I got a 6 puck Spring Clutch with a Centerforce Pressure Plate installed this weekend. Drives pretty nice but here is my Question.

When I installed the clutch Disk, Pressure Plate, Got the Tranny back together and all, Bleed the Lines from the clutch Master Cylinder for Air, and Started the car, I noticed that the clutch Doesnt engage until its really High on the Pedal. A new Clutch Normally engages about 1-2 inches from the floor. This one is like 1-2 inches from the top of the Pedal. Also, It starts to Slip at anything above 14psi

Is this a Normal thing with this type of Disk?
Is there any Adjustments that can be made so that it Grabs Earlier on the clutch Pedal?

Im thinking since it Doesnt grab until Its high on the Pedal, that is the Cause of the slippage.

Any Ideas would help.

Robert

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
engagement point is dependant on how the clutch was set up. I've driven supras which engage 1" from the floor and 1" from the top (mine) and both had properly working clutches. I beleive the TSRM should outline how to adjust the clutch.

adam

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
mines about 2" from the top. i kinda like it but i havent tried it set any other way yet.
when i installed my clutch it was the same way. i just kept it there.

hey, noticed your in el paso. do you ever come up to roswell anytime or pass thru? if you do just let me know, we can get together.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
in terms of slipping...u did break in the clutch correctly yea?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, Clutch is broken in correctly. I pulled the Tranny again today and Installed my Original Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. That clutch had about 3,000 miles on it and totally nothing wrong with it at all.

Again, After installing this setup, The clutch engages about 2" from the top of the Pedal.

I would love to figure out how adjusting the Pedal makes the Clutch grab earlier. Basically what Im seeing is that all that adjusting the Pedal does in move the pedal closer to the floor but nothing for the Engaging of the clutch, Maybe Im wrong here.

Robert

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
adjust that pedal for the freeplay, trust me, my clutch slipped all to hell and the shop that did it couldn't understand why :rolleyes:

the adjustment was so bad it was preloading the slave and acting like I had my foot on the pedal...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts