Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey was wondering if was gonna go 6 spd what would i have to have to get 6 spd? liek ex slave cylinder, master. trans etc.? and does anyone know how much it would cost?

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Yeah, just do a search man. You should find plenty of posts on the subject. A few of our guys doing TT conversions and na-t setups have switched to six speed. Just search and you will find a lot.

--Justin

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot man appreicate u got pics of you engine?

·
gettin' irie
1,793 Posts
how effective is swapping the 6speed in? i've heard mixed opinions. i have stuck with the 5 but is it better to go 6?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The 6-speed drops right in, but you'll need a new TT flywheel, TO bearing, pilot bearing ,wave washers, slave hydraulic line, tranny cross member, tranny mount, and all the 6-speed components in the bell housing (release fork, TO bearing hub, slave cylinder, etc).

Then, you have to decide on a clutch setup. You can get anything from a stock pp/clutch disk to a carbon-carbon triple disk Tilton. Just depends on your application and torque requirements.

Finally, you should consider a 6-speed pumpkin to go along with the getrag tranny. I've run both the auto TT and 6-speed LSDs with my getrag, but the gearing is too short with the auto LSD, IMO. Consequently, I have a full Supra 6-speed driveline and love it.

BTW, be prepared to spend $5k minimum on the conversion for parts only. That's what it cost me, and I did the install myself.

-scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts