Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boost Addict
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering it anyone in the forum has been successful in installing a GS430 rear with a 6 speed tranny. If so what drive shaft did you use? I've heard someone saying that you can use a sc400 drive shaft... Is that true?

·
Banned
109 Posts
you would use the sc400 or gs400 rear diff. it has a 3.27 gear ratio (jdm supra 6 speed gear ratio us is 3.13). thats the same as the 6 speed diff in the 6 speed supras. driveshaft wil be a stock 6 speed driveshaft from a toyota supra. the sc400 and gs400 didnt have getrag transmissions so they have different driveshaft lengths.

·
1,768 Posts
you would use the sc400 or gs400 rear diff. it has a 3.27 gear ratio (jdm supra 6 speed gear ratio us is 3.13). thats the same as the 6 speed diff in the 6 speed supras. driveshaft wil be a stock 6 speed driveshaft from a toyota supra. the sc400 and gs400 didnt have getrag transmissions so they have different driveshaft lengths.
Actually the gs400 has a 3.26 gear ratio. The jdm supra 6 speed has a 3.27 gear ratio, which by the way is discontinued from toyota. You are correct, you would have to use a supra 6 speed driveshaft.

Everything bolts up. The only downside is that its an open diff.

·
Lexotic Garage
1,470 Posts
I used a stock Supra V160 2pc Driveshaft and everything bolted up perfect to my GS400 rear end. Even the stock NA axles bolted up nicely.

I can source you a nice GS400 rear if you are interested, just PM me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts