Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i dont know if seach is still down or not but it doesnt work for me...

my question is, i remmeber hearing the there was 2 different versions of the tt 6 speed rear end...one was a 3.13 rear end and the other was a 3.26 rear end, is this true? if so then which year model did it come in...also if i were to find such a rear end (3.26) then how well would it work with a supra? i mean will i loose top speed or would my 1st and 2nd gear be useless? i really dont know where i heard that the surpa game with 3.26 rear ends but if they did can someone enlighten me?

thanks!!!

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
the 3.26 gear ratio is for jdm supras and the 3.13 is us supra and you will lose 10 to 15 mph on the top speed with the 3.26 gears, but you will take off better

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok i didnt know that, thanks. so since i wont be going 160mph all the time the 3.26 rear end should be good for me then right? all i really will be doing is maybe highway pulls and spend a little time at the track dragging, and daily driving it of course :)...

so i found a gs400 rear end that is 3.26 and i struck a really good deal with him. that should hopefully work well for me.

any more input would really help. thanks!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well yeah ur probably right...but iv seen many gs400 rear ends with 600+ rwhp drifting like crazy so im sure it can handle the abuse...now the only thing im wondering now is, how much psi of boost can it handle...

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
the only problem with the gs400 rearend is its not lsd so its going to be a one wheel wonder you have to buy the trd diff inorder to get the lsd

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only problem with the gs400 rearend is its not lsd so its going to be a one wheel wonder you have to buy the trd diff inorder to get the lsd
yeah i realized that too...but its okay since i can easily get a KAAZ or TRD lsd for it...but does anyone know if it can handle boost in the 25 psi range? hell, what about 30 psi? does any one know the stock limits of the 3.26 rear differential? sorry for the noob questions, i would search but i guess its down...

·
Registered
15 Posts
The GS rear end uses a smaller ring gear and a slightly different housing. If Im not mistaken, one of the axles is different and the driveshaft length is different as well (because the diff is shorter and narrower).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts