Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the record for a 6 speed Supra at an event? I know that SW ran a 8.56 in Las Vegas and I believe that is the quickest for a Supra meet. I ran 8.45 in Las Vegas at PSCA and I believe that is the quickest outside of a Supra meet. I know that Darin has run in a lot of events but I'm not sure of his best time.

In racing the "True" records are the times that are had at national events. I am sure that my 8.45 will be smashed at the Texas meet. If anyone knows of any quicker times please let me know.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
OMG ....now were make new records for seperate 6speeds.......c'mon saad
+1 all that matters is who has the 6spd trophy at the end of the event, everyone else is still a loser.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahahaha, you guys are funny. Only Supra owners would respond like that. The ONLY records that matter are the records that are set at National events in front of a crowd and IN competition. "Records" set in testing and in a private setting are worthless.

When was the last time you heard John Force talking about the "record" he set in testing on his private track? Come on boys and educate me. Explain to me how I'm reaching.

·
Banned
349 Posts
What is the record for a 6 speed Supra at an event? I know that SW ran a 8.56 in Las Vegas and I believe that is the quickest for a Supra meet. I ran 8.45 in Las Vegas at PSCA and I believe that is the quickest outside of a Supra meet. I know that Darin has run in a lot of events but I'm not sure of his best time.

In racing the "True" records are the times that are had at national events. I am sure that my 8.45 will be smashed at the Texas meet. If anyone knows of any quicker times please let me know.
Saad Saad

I have to agree with you. While very cool, records achieved outside of competition really don't hold water. True records are made in competition, and at national events. This is the standard in every forum of competition from speed skating to ping pong.

John

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Technically speaking....the NHRA record for example is set at an NHRA event...if they run quicker/faster in testing, it doesn't count for the record... Having said that, yes Saad, I think you are right.
Peter

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exactly! I'm not taking anything away from what we all accomplish from our testing. I would just like to keep some records in our competition when we are all together and we should understand that those records are more important. You can not deny someones time when he runs on the same track as you on the same day.

Having said that what is the quickest time for a 6 speed in competiton? Is it my 8.45 or has Darin run quicker? I'm just trying to give us all a mark to beat in the upcoming race. I know that time will not hold up to what I will run in Texas and I'm sure that Darin will be able to beat it too.

Saad Saad

I have to agree with you. While very cool, records achieved outside of competition really don't hold water. True records are made in competition, and at national events. This is the standard in every forum of competition from speed skating to ping pong.

John

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
What other times did you run at that event?

We have had this duscussion before and just like the DR record its an unofficial record so it doesn't have to be done at an event. Most of the events people run don't allow for their full set ups. Like all the years darin ran nhra and nopi he had to run only a 76 or 80mm and dot tires. No records could be set that way, but he still did 8.75. So setting the six speed supra record up that way is just rediculous and impossible. If ya want it you can have it Saad, no one is going to recognize it though.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
The nice thing is that there is no turbo restriction or weight rule at TX2K or Vegas for that matter. I think both Darin and Saad (and SW if he surprises us with his car) will run DEEEEEEEEP into the low 8's and possibly into the 7's at TX2K9...
Peter

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
Hahahaha, you guys are funny. Only Supra owners would respond like that. The ONLY records that matter are the records that are set at National events in front of a crowd and IN competition. "Records" set in testing and in a private setting are worthless.

When was the last time you heard John Force talking about the "record" he set in testing on his private track? Come on boys and educate me. Explain to me how I'm reaching.
I agree with you 100%, off a tree, trying to WIN, and not sitting at the line conceding the race, waiting until the perfect moment to launch.

·
Motec - Race Smart
1,086 Posts
I ran an [email protected] last year at the Texas meet, which was the quickest 6 speed pass at that event. I will go MUCH faster this year I'm sure :)

All the NOPI events I ran in 2008 I was limited to an 80mm turbo, No VP Import, DOT tires, and had to weigh 3500 lbs. [email protected] was the fastest I went on that setup.

I wouldn't say it's a "record" just because you ran a fast pass during an actual race. Especially when there are no other 6 speed supras running in any racing series.

Beat me in the 6 speed challenge in Texas and then you'll have something to brag about..:)

-Darin

1 - 20 of 326 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.