Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wrapping up my 6 speed swap.

I've got the clutch pedal in, line bleed, and everything bolted down. If I press the clutch pedal in, it goes to the floor and stays there. If I disengage the plundger from the pedal, there is tons of pressure. Under the car with the bleeder open, fluid squirts nicely. How do I get the pedal to come back up???

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
V10This said:
Do you have the throw out bearing and hub installed on the pressure plate correctly? Are the master and slave new?

Yes, as far as I know they are installed correctly.

The master and slave are not new. They came from a donor car.

Here's what I did...

I put a vaccuum pump on the bleeder vavle of the slave. Pumped a ton of fluid through. Closed vavle. Still no noticable pressure. Then we took off the hydrolic line from the slave. Put a finger over the hose to hold the fluid in. One of us pumped the clutch pedal. The pressure was not able to over come his finger. It barely made pressure.

I'm going to try a new master and slave. Hopefully that will fix it.

Do most auto stores keep the master/slave in stock?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Maybe the vacuum you puleld was not enough. I'd try getting a friend and bleeding it the old fashioned way, even if it is a hassle and takes many goes. Also, you could try bleeding the master cylinder. Unhook the hose to the master cyl, place your finger over it, if there is air, the pedal should do a good job of compressing it against your finger, release your finger, then repeat. Also, try moving the slave rod inwards further than it goes when the clutch is engaged. There might be a pocket of air in there that that will release. In any case I'd try more bleeding before getting new parts, especially if you know they were working on the donor car.

Shiva

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Did you screw the valve back in after you bleed? That can be the problem. I just did mine so I think you are experiencing the same thing I was. everything was back to normal after that.

JamesN1830 said:
I am wrapping up my 6 speed swap.

I've got the clutch pedal in, line bleed, and everything bolted down. If I press the clutch pedal in, it goes to the floor and stays there. If I disengage the plundger from the pedal, there is tons of pressure. Under the car with the bleeder open, fluid squirts nicely. How do I get the pedal to come back up???

·
Registered
661 Posts
Definitely check all t he lines and the master and slave cylinders

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Opps, didn't read that part. You should def get new parts.

JamesN1830 said:
Yes, as far as I know they are installed correctly.

The master and slave are not new. They came from a donor car.

Here's what I did...

I put a vaccuum pump on the bleeder vavle of the slave. Pumped a ton of fluid through. Closed vavle. Still no noticable pressure. Then we took off the hydrolic line from the slave. Put a finger over the hose to hold the fluid in. One of us pumped the clutch pedal. The pressure was not able to over come his finger. It barely made pressure.

I'm going to try a new master and slave. Hopefully that will fix it.

Do most auto stores keep the master/slave in stock?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts