Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im just curious on how you all get a better 60 foot time. i keep pullin times around 3 seconds, and i know your sayin i cant drive, and lol when i did pull a 3 second 60 foot i thought i couldnt either :D

anyways like i have good tires, dunlop sp sport 8000's, they have good tread on em, i deflated the tires to damn 22 psi, and i tried slipping the clutch and dropping the clutch, one drop at 2k, and that was the dumb idea =/ broke it loose twice in 1st and then spun it when i hit 2nd. the slipping resulted in me gettin traction but i still started spinnin a tad, but still a bad 60 foot time, the car felt like i was bogging it.

i know if i can shave a couple .somethings off, im gonna hit 14's

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Hmm, do you do a burnout before each run? Some people rev to 5k+ before dropping the clutch and gunning it. Some gradually go up to 5k+; right when they hit 5k+ they drop the clutch while gunning it.

Better times = more power + more traction. What hp? Are you stock? If traction is the issue, just find that spot where the car will take off with power, but keep traction. Maybe it's 3.5k, maybe more.

Basically become intimate with your car and in time she will show you how to push her buttons right:D

--Justin

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh hehe, i know how to push her buttons, but i guess i just have not had enough experiance at the track, but god damn 5 grand if i did that the car would be just roasting the tires. lol and the run i did the burnout with was the run that i broke it loose twice in 1st lol

and no not stock, Intake exhaust, slight port, coolent mod and the head light was out.

i ran a very low 15 and i know if i could just get those damn 60 foots down ill be in the 14's

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
release the clutch at 3.5K - 4K and just go...don't know how you're car is gripping but maybe those tires are just melting on you or the track is crap...I ran a 15.3 at gainesville stock with a ~2.0 60 ft time...you definitely should be going better with mods...

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol thats close to what i went with a 2.9 60 foot time. but quite honestly i drop that high and i just spin. ill show it to anyone down here in miami =\. maby its the tires who knows. o well when i need some new ones im going alot bigger anyways, 275 or 265 ;) i should grip then. and i ran up at moroso, so i dont know if that track is crap or not.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
1.43 60' time. :) Hoosier Quick Time Pro tires rule.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Damb, glue some sand to your tires fool.

--Justin

·
Registered
936 Posts
After trying everything to get into the 14's and getting frustrated, I just floored the gas and let her rip. I got a my best 60ft times (2.09sec to 2.10?sec) bouncing off the rev limiter and dropping the clutch I would absolutely torch the tires in 1st gear riding the rev limiter until i gained enough foward motion (road speed), power shiting 2nd and spinning most of 2nd. Power shifts on 3rd and 4th just before the finish line. These runs resulted in consistent [email protected]+mph. This was over 4 years ago on a COMPLETELY stock car with aproxmately 22000 miles on the car, 225-50-16 tires on 16x8 rear wheels (car is "jap spec" left hand drive)
This practice resulted in a broken differential after 6 or 7 passes.
Now with a cat back exhaust and air intake and 275-40-17 on 17x10 3 piece Enkei's my 60ft is about 2.2-2.3sec with more convetional launching (sometimes slipping the clutch and dystroying several)
1/4 mile times have fallen back to a best of [email protected] averaging [email protected]+mph
The wider taller tires allow me to pull on my friend's Na MKIV but I get passed mid 2nd gear once he stops spinnig on his stock size Wheels and tires.

S

·
0 Posts
instead of looking at revs and tyres how about the lights??

when do you launch gamimnon? at the green or at the last orange light?

if you do the latter then you will find that you will launch when the green is about to light up.

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah thats reaction time buddy.

and i guess but like ill just sit there and spin, the car will like inch forward ill just roast em =\,

i do this at 2 grand too, which really dumbfounds me because you guys are launchin upweres for 4 grand.

·
565rwhp Turbo Lexus
727 Posts
Yeah, reaction time has NOTHING to do with your 60' time. You can sit there for 10 seconds after the light and still pull a 1.4 if you are DaveH :)

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what i dont get is how you guys can launch so high and not spin, i launch that high and ill just put up a nice smoke screen, must be the tires...

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
No dumpage! gotta slip first =), you can just rev and dump, that doesnt work too well, btw, when we were going to tampa you pulled a good luanch, wonder what that would of been.

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah thats just it i can pull good times, which just pisses me off more. and i dont know what im doing differnt from then and now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts