Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
i think it could pull 40k being that it is a very limited run GNX and not your standard grand national. however, the hp achieved by the GNX could be matched by your run of the mill GN with fairly minor mods. so yeah, ~ 40k i think someone would pay.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
You have to rebuild the motor though...no way in hell the gaskets are in good shape..much less piston rings ( probably fused to block)....

UNLESS he let it idle up every once and a blue moon.

-Jonathan

·
Registered
78 Posts
He probably does start it up every now and again and rebuilding the motor would lower the value. The only reason to buy something like that is the park it in the garage, leave it alone, and watch the value rise.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
canker said:
He probably does start it up every now and again and rebuilding the motor would lower the value. The only reason to buy something like that is the park it in the garage, leave it alone, and watch the value rise.

My buddies dont. Him and his father both have grand nationals...one is 600whp daily driver..the other is a 1200+whp beast ( drag queen )....its still being tuned....but will run 8's all day long.
He is building some rare GN race block with the "turbo" symbol stamped on the block its like 1 of 10 left in the USA.....can withstand 2000hp.....its a stage 3 motor or something...

basically, stupid fast :bigthumb:
-Jonathan

·
Registered
648 Posts
simann said:
its a stage 3 motor or something...
ah yes, "staging". i think the 300zx has among the worst, most complicated stagings of any car. and then they talk about it like the average joe should understand. sometimes i would visit twinturbo.net and people would actually make posts saying "what stage am i?"..... even they didn't know. :)

fwiw, i have a stage 3 cock.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
cds01 said:
ah yes, "staging". i think the 300zx has among the worst, most complicated stagings of any car. and then they talk about it like the average joe should understand. sometimes i would visit twinturbo.net and people would actually make posts saying "what stage am i?"..... even they didn't know. :)

fwiw, i have a stage 3 cock.

or our supra term BPU......lol

It took me like 3 months to actually think about what that ment...but then again, you just have to know what they are talkign about.

I dont know about your last comment.....that was pretty ghey. :freak:

-Jonathan

·
Registered
22 Posts
If the guy has a GNX, odds are that he knows to idle it, drive it once a year or so for a few miles and rotate the tires to reduce flat-spotting (or keep it on a stand). If I was a serious collector and had the money I would be on it QUICK, but that's just because the car really matches my personality.

James

·
0 Posts
cds01 said:
ah yes, "staging". i think the 300zx has among the worst, most complicated stagings of any car. and then they talk about it like the average joe should understand.
yea a 300z owner at another forums says hes at stage 5, on pushing around 500hp.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
the title says "CNX" and I read it "GTX" and your talking about a "GNX"

I was let down across the board.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Iamthebull said:
Man this thing looks sweet, expensive like no other too, thing is someone will probably pay that much for it.
It'll be too much if the guy drives it daily and/or mods the car. Given the number of other modded GNs and even I see modded GNXs around, a stocker with < 100 miles will be deep 6 figure material in 15 years.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mr. Wob said:
the title says "CNX" and I read it "GTX" and your talking about a "GNX"

I was let down across the board.
I know, I put in GNX, but for some reason came up CNX, even when I tried to edit it and correct it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
waste of an automobile. i have no respect for super-low mile cars; it is the antithesis of what motorsport is all about. talk to me about value and investment all you want - an automobile was made to be driven, and i would have a hard time spending over $40,000 on a car that is now completely useless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts