Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys if my goal is 600 or more streetable HP, am i forgetting anything?

built auto tranny (stock core) - $2500
3mm headgasket/apr studs - $300
DaveH kit or similar with a big single (61mm and up) - $2500
FMIC/fuel/s-afc/piping/etc - $1500

total around $7000 including install, not bad it seems. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
no you will not have 600 hp with built auto/fuel/electronics all installed for $7000.

I've spent about $7500 and I have enough to make low 500s now minus the built tranny :(

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, considering i buy used small things like all the gauges, FMIC, etc i dont see why not? bootlogics full kit is $4500 and all you need is a built tranny and install, so here is another $3500, so thats $8000 at most.

·
Registered
898 Posts
with the built tranny.. its possible to make that much , but im not sure... you will need to upgrade the injectors to like 720's and get a big in take fuel pump, possibly two... and maybe some other things and yea im pretty sure 600rwhp is possible with that set up..

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
intstall on a turbo kit with fuel/headgasket/full electronics/gauges/tuning will cost you over 2k.....

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, well here is my dellema. My future NA-T car is an auto, i can spend $4500 for boostlogic kit and run 7-9psi and have 300rwhp, but i tell myself, hey why not spend another $3000 and get a built tranny a headgasket and have 600RWHP instead, am i right here? I am not looking to have a record or do a lot of dyno tuning, i want a bolt on solution for under $7500 which will get me a hightway beast, its that simple.

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
are you experienced in working on cars? do you trust yourself in putting a project like this in your own hands?

well i didn't so I had to pay for installation. yes you're right on the prices somewhat, but unless you install it all on your own, labor will cost you around 2k or more.

edit: you WILL want to do plenty of dyno tuning if you're talking about having a streetable 600hp car, things go wrong real bad and real quick if your car isn't tuned right.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
and your fuel system to back that up would be what exactly ???

an afc.. negative... i've seen FMIC's that are 1500 dollars alone... what makes you think you can get that, piping, bov, gauges for 1500... i dunno

heagasket + arp kit for 300... where, i want that deal

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
boostlogic's fmic kit (pipes included) looks promising and its for less than 1500$ ..

btw verge ever heard of used parts ?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking 600cc to 750cc injectors, upgraded fuel rail and afc with dual 255 pumps? It would be helpfull to see what high HP NA-T are running, maybe DaveH could help us out.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
well high impedence 650cc injectors are 190.00 each.. you might find some used, but not alot of high impedence injectors that large floating around on ebay

so then you need some other stuff to get low impedence injectors to work... also, i don't think the afc alone is gonna cut it... ur gonna need a vpc at least.. ur looking to spend alot on fuel alone... i'm not trying to say you can't do it, i'm just saying... ur gonna have to get pretty lucky to do it... so you might just wanna prepare yourself for the possibility of spending more

·
Registered
144 Posts
my list

I think that the basic 300HP kit will not be enough turbo to go to 600rwhp which is real close to 800 crank HP...
You will need to go for a full kit with header big turbo (SP72 or Greddy 88 something to that effect)... So the turbo kit will cost you around $5500.00 for a good setup.
Then theres $2500.00 for the built tranny
Then there is a $2000.00 for the fuel. And yes you will need fuel something like dual walbros with all the feedlines and fuelrail and injectors... 720cc might not be enough..
Then there is the ARP Headbolts with the gasket more like $550.00...
Then you are at the situation that there is no way to make this HP through the mass air meter so VPC and all the other alphabet soup so $1000.00 at least in electronics.
And thats just the beginning.. I have my own opinion about the GE stock block holding that kind of power for any real mileage.
But just in what I have listed you are around $12,000 without labor and with a partial list.....

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
the pt52 inthe 300hp kit (daves basekit )wil make somewhere around 600hp with supporting components.... but then u have the option to upgrade toa t61 which will be able to support 700.. its just how much u are willing to pay ..
btw the upgraded basekit that is listed onthat website can and will handle mid 500's for only 6,XXX K ...
so im gussing that ur calculations are abit off :)

Joe

·
Registered
144 Posts
Humm well to be honest that is a really nice kit... Never really looked at it before... Well I think Im still not that far off since the kit says as high as 500rwhp... When you move that number up by another 100whp or almost 200 at the crank the whole thing changes again... The VPC will not be needed since the kit has a AEM but the injectors with the kit will not support 600whp.. And I still stand behind it needs more fuel with 600 plus whp.. So still need upgraded fuel...
so
$6000 plus for turbo kit
$2500 tranny
$1500 fuel (took $500 off because the kit already has partial)
ARP bolts $125
Still over 10K bucks and still not a complete list. I think the turbo with the kit will also be STRESSED at that much air flow.
Im by no means fighting with you I just am simply saying 600whp can't be done for $7500 realible....But that is a nice kit..
And don't forget a GE block gets a little weak at that level

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The GE bottom end is just as strong as the GTE one, its the compression that makes things difficult, once the compression is bumped down ge becomes gte more or less. Anyhow, ill be happy with 500rwhp i guess :) So a basic boostlogic kit+headgasket+built tranny should be enough. Is anyone running this type of a setup? Id like to see some numbers and feedback.

·
StrokerClub Member
550 Posts
1inline.......You should really consider what these guys are telling you. Even a streetable 500hp (600 Crank) will cost you over 10k installed. IMHO it will cost you that much installing everything yourself. My 2c

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe its time to reconsider, that’s why I asked the question in the first place! I have however seen many used parts for much cheaper than retail.

·
Registered
898 Posts
i think 500 rwhp is plenty out of the ge.. youll be running like 11's i think.. 600rwhp on a daily driver would be insane... but if your building it just for the track there are other options. a decent ammount of nos would easily take the ge to 600 rwhp, possibly more. but id say the set up you have planned should be good... it would be good enough for me anyway... boostlogic kit, built tranny, 3mm headgasket and you without a doubt you MUST upgrade the fuel system..
in- take fuel pumps, 720 or higher injectors, maybe some new fuel lines, and a fuel rail. getting a bigger throttle body, and possibly davh's intake manifold would help a ton as well.

with that set up you possibly will be pushing 500 rwhp.. but thats at very high psi lvls

1 - 20 of 28 Posts