Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mom's b/f got a Black 86 MKIII 5-speed N/A with about 130,000 miles, and wants to know if i want to buy it off him (i REALLY want an MKIV TT but i'll have to wait a while to save up). so is it "a once-in-a-lifetime offer" that i should buy, or not...it needs some work also

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
6000? you can get maybe 3 mk3's for that price..Turbo!!

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Boosting89 said:
6000? you can get maybe 3 mk3's for that price..Turbo!!

really crappy ones... but probably

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
skeeter019 said:
for 6,000 no its probably worth 2,000 maxx
It depends.

Condition is one thing.
Location is another.

The biggest issue is that the asking price is way too high given the offer is coming from someone who is courting your mother. That price tells us he's not getting any.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
376 Posts
geez thats way too much, i bought my turbo with a immaculate interior, 120,000 miles 200 miles after a fresh rebuild where i had him deck, lap, and hone the block and head, and put a trust MHG in... i only paid about 2500 for the car, and spent some on the rebuild, and rebuilt r154, total it was 3500!!! you can keep looking man... its not that hard to find one in good condition for cheap... good luck

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
for an NA, with 130k on it. Deff not.
If it was a mint or close to mint 89+ Turbo, targa,even with those miles I would pay it.

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
..ok good thing i didn't say yes right away...i was about to...but then i thought about how badly i wanted a TT MKIV and said no

EDIT: it isn't in the best condition either

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
my mkIII NA was in immaculate condition when i got it and i think i paid about 4500 for it including license and title and all the other crap and taxes and stuff. had barely over 100k miles on it, and I think I probably paid too much, although the car was in excellent condition (until i fucked it up). i wouldn't ever pay 6k for a mkIII, no matter what.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
For 2k you can get a nice bodied NA and have funds left over to turbo it :)

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
I'lll take it for $1200 and he can have it trucked to CA included in the price. He may have been able to get $6K for it 10 years ago but not now.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol 6k for an 86.5 n/a even if its in like immaculate condition with under 100K miles is still expensive. you could proabbly get an 89-91 turbo for that price. but location does play a big role. just like how expensive MKIV's are here.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
paid 5k for my 72k mile 91 turbo 5spd sunroof....in other words...too much!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts