Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Anyplace, Anytime
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So out at cruise last night, big parking lot with a bunch of cars. Hanging, some kid walks up to me, with a flashlight obviously just watched fast and the furious... anyway ask how much HP i have, Now i am easy going i don't hide info, i didn't pay all this damn money to not show it off or pop my hood....

Kid ask " How much HP?"
I replied about 600 right now, no race gas tonight 20 lbs. Its 1/4 mile car 10.21 2years ago and hopefully 9's this year.

kid looks at me, picture this shit... looks at me and says "Yeah not even worth it with your auto and only 600hp"

Now from my experience everyone always lies about their hp, u ask them and then have to give them liek a 20% curve... But this kid pissed me off.

I looked at him and said " I'll race anything here for $500 right now, step up..."

The kid started back pedalling his mouth, and then said its not even his car. So i told him stop being the fuckin errand bitch and go get the owner if he wants to run it....

Well the other guy walks up like 7 deep, so i thought it was gonna be a throw down. As they got closer i realized that wasn't gonna happen. Now the Owner, comes over like a gentlemen and starts talking cars. He turns out to be pretty cool, then ask me to pop my hood. So with the 24mm wrench in my hand (there were 7 walking over to me at one point, i mean im bad, but for 7 i grabbed a wrench...) I looked him dead in the face, " Are we trading info as cool dudes talking cars, or we running for $500". He replied, "As cool dudes"

So he turns out to be cool, shows me his car. It reminds me of the millienium falcon. not much to look at, but probably fast as hell. We decide since his car has a 100mm turbo, 'advance 2step timing' and about 850 hp (he never did pop his hood, so who knows exactly whats goin on)
and i have a greddy t78 set up... Ill take a shot, i'd rather lose to something and learn what else i can do... We decide a 30mph dig, and a then a 60 mph.

From the 30 mph, we got ready, hit the starting point and went off.... Im not sure what happen but alls i know, is i was gone. And when i checked my mirrors and then my speed, no way was anyone catching me. (later he said he didnt really get on it, but the 7-8 peeps following and watching know what happened :sadwavey:

Now Credit Do, From the 60/70 mph roll, He had a pretty beefy car. He may have gotten the jump as neither of us had horns. But that didnt matter, we went and he got about 4 car lengths on me, i closed the gap a little at first but no way i was gonna catch up as he started to pull away. Guy def had a nice bike killer and top HPcar. But i was shocked i was able to kinda stay with him, maybe my car more hp then the dyno reads.....

Next week ill have race gas in it, running 28/29 lbs. Ill go find him and try again, i know i take my car out of its comfort zone racing from 60/70 MPH. But that just means get a 100 shot i guess :rockon:

· Anyplace, Anytime
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it was a good time. Dig and 20/30 mph rolls my t78 with .81 hotside. Thats my kill zone. What i am built for.

To run at 70/80 mph is kinda silly, but i was glad i was able to somewhat hang at that pull.

Either way props to him for a hi HP monster of a car. I personaly would never run a 100mm turbo and give up all my light to light kills and 1/4 mile.

-TH

· Anyplace, Anytime
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dont remember his name. His car was blue and kinda in rough condition. Im not to familiar with Talons, he ran on AEM, it was tough for him to keep it running at idle. And it was old body style i would say. He never popped his hood.

In the end i give props to a hi HP car. And the dude was pretty cool. His friend almost got cracked in the mouth at first but it ended up being all good.

But yeah down on the pike, ill be out next Saturday. Might be ordering a NOS set up tomorrow.

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
70-80 roll is pretty high. He probably doesn't get traction until 100mph. Try running from like 55 or 60. Deff get some race gas or meth on that bad boy and get some.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.