Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got to tune my car on the dyno with a wideband O2 sensor.... The guys at Elite Autosports in Mpls did a great job of dialing it in with the AFC. If I was tweaking the knobs it would have taken a lot longer... heh heh. Anyway, once I got the fuel set, I started turning the boost up 2 psi per pull. At 25psi it made 511rwhp and 497 torque. I turned the boost to 27psi but it didn't make any more hp.... so I've got some sort of bottleneck there, since this turbo has made much more hp that this. Anyway, I was still happy with that.... so I turned the boost back down to 25psi and turned on the nitrous (75 shot). It made 602 rwhp.... that was cool. He didn't start sampling that run til 5500 rpm so the torque was only 501. All in all, it was a good time.

J

·
0 Posts
Damn good numbers. It it a N/A with a swapped TT motor or an N/A with a turbo kit?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr T, I installed a 3mm headgasket to lower the compression ratio, then installed a na-t header/turbo/exhaust. Hardwired in a VPC/AFC and installed 780cc injectors/fuel rail/fuel pumps.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey Dave great numbers. I was wondering if you could help me out on the VPC and AFC wiring. Did you wire the AFC into the yellow wire of the VPC or the Blue wire of the VPC. Thanks for the help. I know that one of them is input and one is output but which color is which.

Henry

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Dave, noticed you were from fargo, well im going to school in grand forks, and just had to send you kudos on you car. Its looking really good. I dont see many around here (and im still waiting until the day i can have one for my own) but its good to see that there are some reputable dawgs around here. Tony

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks Tony, there is a guy here in Fargo selling his TT (93 or 94) for $17k. It only has ~50000 miles on it. :D

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Dave, those are great numbers. The 600 mark is an accomplishment to be proud of on an N/A, keep up the good work!
Peter

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Peter, I appreciate it.

Henry: I spliced into the grey wire on my VPC..... but remember I'm using a older VPC for a MKIII Supra. So that probably doesn't help you at all.

S

·
0 Posts
Really? Do you have any more iformation about it, color, stock?, auto or six, good shape? Id really be interested but i just bought a new eclipse (need something that i dont have to worry about in the snow especially since my gf needs to drive it around too), but sounds good. Tony.

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
if you dont mind me asking how much did just the performance stuff run you? like everything you needed to get it up to around 606 rwhp, i would be WAY more then satisfied with about 450-500 but i am jsut wondering about how much this all costs so i have some sort of clue

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Tony, it's red and I'm pretty sure it's a auto. it's the guys daily driver, and he drove it winters. :( It's got a rust spot starting on the rear quarter. Otherwise it looks pretty nice. It is completely stock.... the guy never knew what he had.

someday... said:
Really? Do you have any more iformation about it, color, stock?, auto or six, good shape? Id really be interested but i just bought a new eclipse (need something that i dont have to worry about in the snow especially since my gf needs to drive it around too), but sounds good. Tony.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have about $8k into all the na-t stuff. You can get to ~500rwhp for quite a bit less, depending on how smart you shop, ect. I got your email also, the stock bottom end is fine at these levels, as long as you have your fuel tuned correctly.

99YellowStang said:
if you dont mind me asking how much did just the performance stuff run you? like everything you needed to get it up to around 606 rwhp, i would be WAY more then satisfied with about 450-500 but i am jsut wondering about how much this all costs so i have some sort of clue

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dave,

Could you please post your major mods?

I can see some of the obvious ones, like the intake manifold, turbo, i/c, etc...

What about fuel/electronics, etc.?

Thanks,

Mike

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The fuel system is basically identical to a TT system. Dual intank pumps, braided line to the fuel rail, paxton regulator, 750cc injectors with a resistor in the injector circuit (the n/a uses high impedance injectors). I hardwired in a VPC and AFC for fuel system electronics. Ignition is stock except for a HKS Twin Power and Magnecore wires.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Dave,

How difficult was it to install the fuel system? Did you run the braided line to a "Y" for the two pumps then under the car and up into the engine bay for the fuel rail? Are you using the stock rail?

Mike

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got a Powerhouse rail, the two pumps are tee'd together in the tank (see pic). I ran a seperate power wire and relay for the second pump.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts