Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got to tune my car on the dyno with a wideband O2 sensor.... The guys at Elite Autosports in Mpls did a great job of dialing it in with the AFC. If I was tweaking the knobs it would have taken a lot longer... heh heh. Anyway, once I got the fuel set, I started turning the boost up 2 psi per pull. At 25psi it made 511rwhp and 497 torque. I turned the boost to 27psi but it didn't make any more hp.... so I've got some sort of bottleneck there, since this turbo has made much more hp that this. Anyway, I was still happy with that.... so I turned the boost back down to 25psi and turned on the nitrous (75 shot). It made 602 rwhp.... that was cool. He didn't start sampling that run til 5500 rpm so the torque was only 501. All in all, it was a good time.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
it's nice to know that your car is running stronger than ever daveh... that car is just too cool :cool: ... hehe.. lateZ

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike and *wishlist*. :D I'm guessing maybe cam timing, but I don't really know. Guess I'll mess with different things and see what happens.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are just stock right now.... so I'm gonna get some cam gears and fiddle around with them. Did they mess with cam timing on Ethans car?

·
At My Signal Unleash Hell
820 Posts
DaveH said:
Well I finally got to tune my car on the dyno with a wideband O2 sensor.... The guys at Elite Autosports in Mpls did a great job of dialing it in with the AFC. If I was tweaking the knobs it would have taken a lot longer... heh heh. Anyway, once I got the fuel set, I started turning the boost up 2 psi per pull. At 25psi it made 511rwhp and 497 torque. I turned the boost to 27psi but it didn't make any more hp.... so I've got some sort of bottleneck there, since this turbo has made much more hp that this. Anyway, I was still happy with that.... so I turned the boost back down to 25psi and turned on the nitrous (75 shot). It made 602 rwhp.... that was cool. He didn't start sampling that run til 5500 rpm so the torque was only 501. All in all, it was a good time.
Dave...:eek: :eek: :eek: <---- speachless
I think that I speak for everybody here... YOU ARE OUR GOD !!!!!!!!
Keep it up man... keep showing everybody that the NA has as much potential as the TT...
You Da Man !!!!!

--Oliver

·
Registered
748 Posts
from what i was hearing the header cost about 2k with hks gt wastegate...does it come with the down pipe too?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rom: it costs $2300 without the wastegate I believe, but ask Lar to make sure. Yes, it comes with a shorty downpipe that ends right where the tranny bolts to the engine.

toysupra1: I bought the engine used, supposedly with 29000 miles, so it should have ~40000 on it now.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Dave- It is the cams themselves that are the bottleneck. Currently, we are send cams to Crower and they are going to make us bigger cams (like a 272 or 264), but we need to have a lot of interest because I am going to have to pay for like 10 sets up front to get this done! Anyways, when we made 662 RWHP on mine it was at 28~29psi and a 150 shot. The car would barely ever go above 525RWHP off the bottle though, those stock cams are just too small!

Congrats on the numbers by the way:)

-Ethan

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Ethan, did you guys try messing with the cam timing? Just curious if there were any gains by tweaking them. What a/r turbine housing were you using when you pulled the 525 on turbo?

Ok, if we need cams you can count me in... but won't the intake cam from the TT drop right in? I know we need a exhaust cam made specially for the n/a, since the distributor drive is in that cam, but is there any reason not to use a HKS cam on the intake side?

·
Registered
790 Posts
We never really messed with the cam timing. We did mess with the ignition timing and if you had good gas in it it LOVED more timing that way, but on 93 would detonate at like 14psi! It was pretty bad. As far as the intake cam from a TT supra fitting I really don't know... We will find out soon though:) I will keep you up to date.

-Ethan

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ethan, what kind of timing did you find worked well with Race gas? With pump gas? I'm still running stock ign advance, but I think it's a little too advanced for pump gas.

B

·
0 Posts
hey daveh can you explain how you added the resistor to your injectors to make them work on your car...thanks

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got a solenoid resistor from a MKIII Supra.... it is used as the injector resistor there also. I just wired it exactly the same way it was on the MKIII. Just cut all 6 power feeds to the injectors, and bring them through the solenoid resistor, then back out to the injectors.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
*NEWS* I did some research on the stock tt and na cams, and they are basically identical. They have identical lift and duration. The only real difference I found was the exhaust cam timing on the tt is slightly different (1 degree). The profiles could be different, but I doubt it. So I'm guessing that the cams aren't the reason I got stuck at 511hp on turbo only.....

:(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts