Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Im just finishing up school and my car is getting insured tuesday. I havent seen any mention of meets or people going to the dragstrip recently. Whats going on?

Curtis

·
Registered
254 Posts
what IS goin on with it? I have never been to the track and would like to try her out...got plenty of spare time to go :)

·
Scratching and Sniffing
2,849 Posts
BTZ said:
Friday april 29th, Be There! I will be there breaking into the 13's... I hope. :lol:
What do you mean you hope?...If you're not in the 13's I'll probably be 16's... :wtflol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'll be going to the track as soon as the 7m swap is done in my '84. Hopefully the car will be done by mid may. Lookin to be in mid 14 range.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
the gas price is getting too pricey...going to mission and drag race is going to burn a hole in my wallet. i am out for sure :(

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
:stickpoke
2damaxsupra said:
the gas price is getting too pricey...going to mission and drag race is going to burn a hole in my wallet. i am out for sure :(
come on and run some 16s 2damax, what are you afraid of. Its 81km from my house to the track. So I would go through about half a tank of gas including a few passes. You saying you cant afford to drive your car?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wont have time to tune my fuel or get my afpr in before friday, so I guess I can shoot for some 14's. Once I tune it and crank the poor little CT to 15 psi I hope for 13's.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
My swap wont be done for a few more weeks, but I might come out just to watch or race my truck lol, I would be lucky if I coulc get a 22 sec at 60 mph lol.

Hank- The good thing about going out there to race is you can fill up gas for like $.20 cheaper than out here, which makes it worth going.

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
yeah but don't fill in mission, fill in abby or at the husky on the abby.mission highway across from the shell.

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
too much water in the system, air in there?? Mine spat out some coolant from time to time out of the overflow when I bought it. I got a few air locks out of the system and it looked ok. then it came back over a year later....bhg.

before you start your car open the rad cap to check if its full.

·
Registered
141 Posts
IIRC, its $23 to race. could be $25 i forget.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
it only overflow at idle after when i used the turbo. I checked the spark plugs and i check oil and coolant on daily basis and there is not mixing in both oil pan and rad or overflow tank.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
2damaxsupra said:
it only overflow at idle after when i used the turbo. I checked the spark plugs and i check oil and coolant on daily basis and there is not mixing in both oil pan and rad or overflow tank.
That is what my car did with the BHG no oil coolant mix just overflow. You my friend have a BHG from the sound of it.

If I can get a clutch in my car Ill come up and run on my street boost and pump gas, I may bring up some drag tires tho not sure yet.

Jeremy

1 - 20 of 54 Posts