Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man. I am way to excited right now. I just got off the phone with John (the mechanic for Torquefreaks) with the dyno results of my car.

Well it finally happened. I started getting my parts in July and it has taken about six months to get everything up and running again but boy is it worth it.

I couldn’t do this without the help of Sean M. from Torquefreaks who is the one who tuned the AEM for me and his main mechanic John. They are both great guys and they know their stuff. I suggest that anyone who needs their AEM tuned, to give Sean a ring and consider it done.

I know many will ask what mods I have so here is the list.

Fresh Shortblock
HKS 272 Cams
GTS 76mm Turbo
Titan Complete 1000cc fuel system
AEM EMS with FJO
Horsepowerfreaks clutch kit w/ stock flywheel
Crower Valve springs w/ Titanium retainers
HKS Type II BOV
Greddy EVO exhaust

I am very happy and amazed that I made this power through a SMALL 3 inch downpipe, small FMIC. I know this turbo and setup has more in it, but I am going to have to get use to it the way it is. Going from 450whp to 808whp is going to take some getting use to.

once again THANKS JOHN AND SEAN FROM TORQUEFREAKS!! I will try to get dyno sheets up later

Brett

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
wow great numbers, what boost levels were the runs at? Thats an amazing number for pump gas

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pump gas was set at 18lbs, but it creeps to almost 20lbs dude to my wastegate.

I have not heard officaly how much boost it made on race gas yet, but I was asking for it to be tuned with 30lbs so untill I hear otherwise im guessing thats what it is.

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
sweet, 4" exhaust and dp would be a good move in the future.

enjoy,

greg

S

·
0 Posts
Brett-

I just sent you a copy of your dyno charts. Feel free to post em up :) Let me know if you have any questions and I'll see you on Tuesday. Take care!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I should correct myself...Sean measured the downpipe and it is only 2.75 INCHES!!!...that has GOT to go next.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
T78supra said:
Congrats!!!!

Good luck trying to launch all that power with your clutch.
HPF clutches suck.
I hope you're joking...:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Sean, how is the surge with that turbo? Mike Carlin has SERIOUS surge issues with the convertor locked up (similar to a six speed). I was curious what issues you experienced with surge with the 76GTS.
Thanks
Peter

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
when was full boost at 30psi??

Greg

S

·
0 Posts
Peter-

Having not driven the car at partial throttle yet, I can't really comment on the surge issue. The car does creep boost if the desired boost level is below 24psi. Above that, it holds boost rock solidly.

Greg-

18psi is at 4800rpm and 30psi is hit at 5400rpm with this setup. This turbo/exhaust combo hits very smoothly...not at all like a T78 or T88 which is like a hammer in nearly all cars I've tuned with these turbos. I imagine with a larger downpipe spool would be improved a bit. Hopefully I'll get to test this in the near future.

·
4,109 Posts
What manifold is this on? HKS, RPS, SP, etc?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for chiming in again Sean.

This is on an older version RPS manifold (not the big torque header)

S

·
0 Posts
Jay-

Pricing depends on whether or not I travel to tune the car. If you have questions, feel free to contact me privately so we don't hijack this thread :) Take care!

·
Banned
942 Posts
Brett,

Your car is the biggest sleeper I've ever seen. :) 808rwhp out of that car is very impressive. Sean just finished whipping out Mark Ross's Supra today at 801rwhp. The HPF clutch held up just fine in your car Brett. Now I have to get my car back on the road again. We've built too many cars that are faster than ours. :)

Take care,
Chris.

HorsepowerFreaks Inc.
www.horsepowerfreaks.com
www.torquefreaks.com

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ChrisBergemann said:
Brett,

Your car is the biggest sleeper I've ever seen. :) 808rwhp out of that car is very impressive. Sean just finished whipping out Mark Ross's Supra today at 801rwhp. The HPF clutch held up just fine in your car Brett. Now I have to get my car back on the road again. We've built too many cars that are faster than ours. :)

Take care,
Chris.

Thanks for the compliment. That was what my intentions were when I was deciding what would be done to the car. I didn’t want to change a single thing on the outside. I’m going to have to make a few trips back up to Portland this year to run with you guys at your local tracks. Marks car is GORGEOUS! I can’t wait to see the 1000whp dyno of your car, and also Sean’s when they are both finished. That’s going to be insane. Hopefully I will see you all tomorrow if everything goes ok today and I get to pick up my car!

Here is my pump gas dyno sheet, I have to find my race gas one. Im on a friends computer now.

Brett

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,492 Posts
Congratz Brett, your gonna have fun driving it home on pump gas:) just imagine what racing on race fuel will feel like. Be careful!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts