Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dyno on Saturday in Richmond, VA to get some baseline numbers for my car. Just got it on the road a few weeks ago.

I did 3 pulls, all boost, no spray. One Pumpgas run (20psi), and 2 race gas runs (27psi). The first race gas run (blue) the boost controler pulled boost up top, hence the dip in the curve. I wanted to run more boost (30psi) and timing (30deg) for race gas, but the plugs need to be a step colder (currently 8s).

632whp 432ft-lb @ 27psi
500whp 346ft-lb @ 20psi

The car is driving quite nice and is streetable.

Here is a link to the dyno video. Feel free to share it if you wish.

632whp Dyno Video

I plan to go back to the dyno and do some tuning at higher boost after i get colder plugs and cam gears.

Engine was built by me in my basement. I did the tuning with the help of a friend on the "Butt Dyno".

Car info can be found here.
T66 S13 Page

Short Stats:
Built SR20DET, 8.1:1 CR Stock Bore, CP Pistons, Eagle H-beam rods
Tomei 270/270 12.5mm cams, Apexi Double Valve Springs, 8600rpm redline
1600cc Injectors, Dual Walbro 255, -8an fuel line
PowerFC D-jetro (MAP sensor) , FC Dataloggit, Techedge Wideband O2
T66bb Turbo, Tublar manifold, Tial 38mm WG, 3" Downpipe
TopSpeed intake manifold, stock throttle body, HPI FMIC
HKS DLI, NGK 8 Iridiums (need 9s)
Stock Tranny, Spec Stage 3, LSD

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hey man nice cars...these are great numbers out of such a small powerplant..theres also alot of torque there..I think you need solid motor mounts lol I saw how that engine snap back from the twist

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Its a fairly new mount, it would seem that the time has come for solid ones. I didnt realize how much it moved until I saw the video.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Very nice power numbers. its amazing what level of power technology is providing these days.
1600cc injectors LOL, thats nuts. I guess that whats you need when you only have four of them, but thats like a freakin firehose or something :) Im surprised it can idle without fouling plugs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean on the injectors. I started with 680cc on a t3/t4 setup. I then upgraded to 880 on the T66, those ran out at 18-20psi so I upgraded to 1000cc those ran out too so I finally bit the bullet and put in 1600cc. To my suprise they idled just fine. I mean I had a large set of cams so it idles rough to start with, but the injectors are doing fine. I only see 6x% duty cycles on them at 27psi. Shouldnt ever run out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very very nice!

We are in the process of doing a GT70Q build up right now. Stock bottom end also. Not sure what it is going to do, but we will see.

It will have an AEM, Wide Band and MAP.

These engines are amazing! Now go out and get some times on it!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coobrder said:
is the T5 next on your list :)
No no no....
Ive got a chip on that car and thats it for performance mods. Its too nice of a car to mess with. Its fun, comfortable, quiet, reliable doesnt smell of exhaust and has A/C. Not that I dont drive the nissan around. But if Im going on a 1700mi trip, which car am I going to choose?

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
My god!:eek:

You need to seriously take that do a drag meet.....woop some DOH-mestic ass!

-jonathan

·
Registered
33 Posts
WOW....Simply AWSOME !!!! Took that SR20 engine into whole different level !! hahaha...

Congrat !!

JAY

·
Registered
397 Posts
that was cool as shit. very nice #'s on a SR20. probably one of the highest ever!!!!!
but i wouldnt think of pushing it too much farther than that.

get that thing on the street and stomp some shit out of some SUPRA's

:devil:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Your parents live in Vinton, right? ...or is that the other ridiculously powerful DET?

I'm pretty sure I've met you either way. #'s are SICK! Congratulations bro!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ZeRo_C0oL said:
Your parents live in Vinton, right? ...or is that the other ridiculously powerful DET?

I'm pretty sure I've met you either way. #'s are SICK! Congratulations bro!
I believe you are thinking about Shaun. My parents dont live in Vinton.
As I recall, his car is sub 400whp, but still fast either way.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts