Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dyno on Saturday in Richmond, VA to get some baseline numbers for my car. Just got it on the road a few weeks ago.

I did 3 pulls, all boost, no spray. One Pumpgas run (20psi), and 2 race gas runs (27psi). The first race gas run (blue) the boost controler pulled boost up top, hence the dip in the curve. I wanted to run more boost (30psi) and timing (30deg) for race gas, but the plugs need to be a step colder (currently 8s).

632whp 432ft-lb @ 27psi
500whp 346ft-lb @ 20psi

The car is driving quite nice and is streetable.

Here is a link to the dyno video. Feel free to share it if you wish.

632whp Dyno Video

I plan to go back to the dyno and do some tuning at higher boost after i get colder plugs and cam gears.

Engine was built by me in my basement. I did the tuning with the help of a friend on the "Butt Dyno".

Car info can be found here.
T66 S13 Page

Short Stats:
Built SR20DET, 8.1:1 CR Stock Bore, CP Pistons, Eagle H-beam rods
Tomei 270/270 12.5mm cams, Apexi Double Valve Springs, 8600rpm redline
1600cc Injectors, Dual Walbro 255, -8an fuel line
PowerFC D-jetro (MAP sensor) , FC Dataloggit, Techedge Wideband O2
T66bb Turbo, Tublar manifold, Tial 38mm WG, 3" Downpipe
TopSpeed intake manifold, stock throttle body, HPI FMIC
HKS DLI, NGK 8 Iridiums (need 9s)
Stock Tranny, Spec Stage 3, LSD

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hey man nice cars...these are great numbers out of such a small powerplant..theres also alot of torque there..I think you need solid motor mounts lol I saw how that engine snap back from the twist

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Its a fairly new mount, it would seem that the time has come for solid ones. I didnt realize how much it moved until I saw the video.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Very nice power numbers. its amazing what level of power technology is providing these days.
1600cc injectors LOL, thats nuts. I guess that whats you need when you only have four of them, but thats like a freakin firehose or something :) Im surprised it can idle without fouling plugs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean on the injectors. I started with 680cc on a t3/t4 setup. I then upgraded to 880 on the T66, those ran out at 18-20psi so I upgraded to 1000cc those ran out too so I finally bit the bullet and put in 1600cc. To my suprise they idled just fine. I mean I had a large set of cams so it idles rough to start with, but the injectors are doing fine. I only see 6x% duty cycles on them at 27psi. Shouldnt ever run out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
coobrder said:
is the T5 next on your list :)
No no no....
Ive got a chip on that car and thats it for performance mods. Its too nice of a car to mess with. Its fun, comfortable, quiet, reliable doesnt smell of exhaust and has A/C. Not that I dont drive the nissan around. But if Im going on a 1700mi trip, which car am I going to choose?

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
My god!:eek:

You need to seriously take that do a drag meet.....woop some DOH-mestic ass!

-jonathan

·
Registered
33 Posts
WOW....Simply AWSOME !!!! Took that SR20 engine into whole different level !! hahaha...

Congrat !!

JAY

·
Registered
397 Posts
that was cool as shit. very nice #'s on a SR20. probably one of the highest ever!!!!!
but i wouldnt think of pushing it too much farther than that.

get that thing on the street and stomp some shit out of some SUPRA's

:devil:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Your parents live in Vinton, right? ...or is that the other ridiculously powerful DET?

I'm pretty sure I've met you either way. #'s are SICK! Congratulations bro!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ZeRo_C0oL said:
Your parents live in Vinton, right? ...or is that the other ridiculously powerful DET?

I'm pretty sure I've met you either way. #'s are SICK! Congratulations bro!
I believe you are thinking about Shaun. My parents dont live in Vinton.
As I recall, his car is sub 400whp, but still fast either way.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts