Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ask this yesterday and well i must has still been drunk left out the main part of the question... i know i know im a dumb ass

what i was wanting to type out is:

I want to make 650whp on PUMP gas if possiable ( should be other have done it) But this will be on a auto. Im not to worried about the spool up because my stock twin didnt come on till 4500.

So any sugestion on that? I also want to keep the kit close $4K if possiable. Just figured that some one on here would know about it.

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
KERR said:
ask this yesterday and well i must has still been drunk left out the main part of the question... i know i know im a dumb ass

what i was wanting to type out is:

I want to make 650whp on PUMP gas if possiable ( should be other have done it) But this will be on a auto. Im not to worried about the spool up because my stock twin didnt come on till 4500.

So any sugestion on that? I also want to keep the kit close $4K if possiable. Just figured that some one on here would know about it.

That wouldn't be safe on the stock fuel system you can barly get a nice turbo kit w/o a fuel system for 4k... I'd say wait and do it right..

I don't think i can make that on my 6speed with my t88h w/ cams and needless to say KNOCK? I don't think that would be to safe... without the aid of higher octane or a methanol kit

I wouldn't go that big unless you have a raised rev limiter with some springs and retainers... just my .02

whos made over 650whp on pumpgas with an auto?

maybe Larry will chime in here.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i was just talking turbo kit.. i was not including the fuel system and what not... Ill be getting that as well..

I guess i should have said looking to spend $4k on the turbo kit alone. Price does not include all the other stuff.

How do you like the T88h? read on here a few months ago when another topic was posted about Jesus hp i think, someone said he made high 600's with his on pump. But if im not mistaken he has a 6 speed. as for who has done it with a auto... i personally dont know anyone. But im sure some has...

P.S. i want that damn bumper!

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
KERR said:
sorry i was just talking turbo kit.. i was not including the fuel system and what not... Ill be getting that as well..

I guess i should have said looking to spend $4k on the turbo kit alone. Price does not include all the other stuff.

How do you like the T88h? read on here a few months ago when another topic was posted about Jesus hp i think, someone said he made high 600's with his on pump. But if im not mistaken he has a 6 speed. as for who has done it with a auto... i personally dont know anyone. But im sure some has...

P.S. i want that damn bumper!

Oh.. The t88h is very nice i thought it was going to be to laggy from all the people that said it was... with the raised rev limiter i have no regrets at all :)

Jesus made 698 on 21psi and pumpgas yes he did but I would never risk a motor by running 21psi on pumpgas im sure he wouldn't run that on the street ... only for the dyno since there wasnt much of a load if any :dunno:

haha yeah the bumper is nice ;)

hopefully someone other than me will chime in soon... Im curious to know of this also since i've been eying the SP400 for some time now...

·
Registered
807 Posts
I think I made mid to high 600s on pump gas in your current car. The wastegate spring is too high for pump, unless you have really good quality pump gas.

Justin

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
650rwhp through an auto at 18psi tuned for pump is hard enough on a 6spd....(ie you get full boost at 6k in 3rd gear on a 6spd) I can't imagine it on an auto. I'd re-consider unless you want to run methanol injection or "pump" 100 octane into it:)

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
650whp on pump in an auto is insane. If it could possibly be done, I think Mike Carlin's car (MK4LIFE) would be the one to achieve it. Why not run race fuel? 650whp is a feat even with race fuel in an automatic.

BTW what are your goals with the car? Dyno queen or track/street monster? Dyno #'s dont mean much on the street.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What is up with all these people wanting to run high horsepower on pump gas lately? Do you have so much money burning a hole in your pocket that you WANT to rebuild your engine? You can spend thousands of dollars on turbo kits, fuel systems, wheels, but don't want to buy race gas or even methanol injection? What are you really trying to achieve here? AFAIK, all the high pump gas number people do NOT run at that level on the street or track with pump gas, and with good reason. All this would get you is a dyno number with no practical use and unneccessary risk of engine damage

B

·
0 Posts
You trying to win the dyno shootout next year against that shops car you were talking about????

·
Premium Member
11,270 Posts
I agree, 650 RWHP through an auto would be roughly 700-750 on a 6 spd..... this is not possible and completely unreasonable on pump gas alone.

Lar
SP

B

·
0 Posts
He is always talking about a big turbo on here. He just needs to go big T88H like he is always talking about. That kit goes for 3-4 new and used on here anyways so that is what he should get.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn guys didnt mean to get you all up tight. just figured it could be done with people making 1000hp and over with race fuel. and lot of you making high 6 low 7 on pump gas.... that is unless people are claming pump and have a little extra kick ;)

The reason i dont want to be an all out race gas car it because i already have one of those and it sucks.... always have to plan on where your going and if you can make it back before your out of gas. not to mention gas is $4.50 a gallon here.

now that you all have told me im nuts what is a relistic number for pump gas on an auto?

·
Premium Member
11,270 Posts
KERR said:
damn guys didnt mean to get you all up tight. just figured it could be done with people making 1000hp and over with race fuel. and lot of you making high 6 low 7 on pump gas.... that is unless people are claming pump and have a little extra kick ;)

The reason i dont want to be an all out race gas car it because i already have one of those and it sucks.... always have to plan on where your going and if you can make it back before your out of gas. not to mention gas is $4.50 a gallon here.

now that you all have told me im nuts what is a relistic number for pump gas on an auto?

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
KERR said:

I suggest you look into going AEM EMS with methanol injection. Sounds like it may be the setup for you!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea mayo had said something about the meth injection...

500 seems low for a pump gas and a single.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
With methanol injection you can run race gas number on pump... 650rwhp is easily achievable through a locked up auto on methanol injection. I'd reccomend a t71gtq.....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts