Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bad Karma Supra
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All -

Got back from Bullish and managed to get some hi-boost pulls. The best being 664rwhp @ 26psi.

Ok, ok....not 700rwhp - but mark my words I'll have it by this summer...if not much more!! (no NOS!).

Now, you're all thinking...Jay - WTF...why only 26psi?!?! Ok, look at the chart...notice it starting to slope off at high rpms? Well, we all know these big turbo's aren't running out of air...turns out that my wonderful Turbonetics Racegate is starting to open up...all by itself at hi-boost...so..why bother cranking it up?

Looks like I'm in the market for a HKS GT wastegate...ah well...gotta pay to play.

See you at the track....

Jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
904 Posts
PHILLY SINGLE, i was wondering how well that T72 RPS Turbo works with your auto tranny? What kind of stall do you use? How much lag are you experiencing? I too have an auto and am trying to figure out what is the biggest turbo I can run with the auto tranny and still have a decent power curve? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,224 Posts
Jay doesn't have a T72...he has an even bigger T76! ;)

Steve T.

suprattnsa said:
PHILLY SINGLE, i was wondering how well that T72 RPS Turbo works with your auto tranny? What kind of stall do you use? How much lag are you experiencing? I too have an auto and am trying to figure out what is the biggest turbo I can run with the auto tranny and still have a decent power curve? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
A stiffer spring on the racegate should keep it from leaking at high boost, or just tighten the allen screw on the top of the gate. If tightening it won't help, then a stiffer spring is needed.

All wastegates need to have a spring stiff enough to resist the exhaust pressure, HKS ones too.
 

·
Bad Karma Supra
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
suprattnsa said:
PHILLY SINGLE, i was wondering how well that T72 RPS Turbo works with your auto tranny? What kind of stall do you use? How much lag are you experiencing? I too have an auto and am trying to figure out what is the biggest turbo I can run with the auto tranny and still have a decent power curve? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated:)
Rather than going into pages of how well this spools, runs, etc...go read this thread I posted on this topic last week:

Tuning my T76

Take a look at that and get back to me!

Everyone else...thanks all...

Grant - I'll def look into that....I really don't wanna shell out the several hundred on a new wastegate!

Jay
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
:bthumb:

very nice, can't wait to line up against you at Atco or E-town.....

:D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,270 Posts
Jay, good #s!!! You can order a 'Helper' spring from turbonetics for the Racegate. Its a smaller spring that fits inside the standard spring. Try it first as it is only ~ $20. When you take the wastegate apart to install it, give it a good cleaning also.


When you get the boost up a bit more you will break the 700 mark no problem. With our SP74 we have seen 750 RWHP on a automatic with 272 cams NO NOS. I bet you beat it with the Haltech and manifold!! My car (the 9.54 one) only made 680 RWHP on motor (819 on NOS). Good Luck and lets see some damn 1/4 mile times already!!!



Lar
SP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Congrats on the Dyno! Do you have a graph with the rpm plotted instead of the speed? It looks like you actually have a really nice power band, surprising with a turbo that big! When do you plan on running the car?

-Amir
 

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
Joined
·
12,619 Posts
Yo, Philly: Try the ITS Pro Gate wastegate. Should be a direct bolt-in replacement for the shitty old-school Deltagate. It will work great, and you won't need to do a hack-'n-fit to get an HKS 'gate up on that bitch! :D

www.innovativeturbo.com
 

·
Bad Karma Supra
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sound Performance said:
Jay, good #s!!! You can order a 'Helper' spring from turbonetics for the Racegate. Its a smaller spring that fits inside the standard spring. Try it first as it is only ~ $20. When you take the wastegate apart to install it, give it a good cleaning also.


When you get the boost up a bit more you will break the 700 mark no problem. With our SP74 we have seen 750 RWHP on a automatic with 272 cams NO NOS. I bet you beat it with the Haltech and manifold!! My car (the 9.54 one) only made 680 RWHP on motor (819 on NOS). Good Luck and lets see some damn 1/4 mile times already!!!



Lar
SP

Lar - thanks for the compliments...its been a long road getting here. I will def try out the 'helper' spring....much easier on the wallet! Hopefully we'll see some decent #'s into the 700s over the next few months.

forcefeed - sorry, no rpm chart, just mph. I'll see what we can do for next time. Oh, hoping to hit the track in about two weeks.

Fyrarms - thanks man...if the helper spring doesn't do the trick, I'll try 'em out.

Jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
Jay, Maple Grove opens April 6th for T&T, hint, hint. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
BTW, I'll line up with somebody else, I don't want just a view of your taillights.
 

·
Bad Karma Supra
Joined
·
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rviscosi said:
Jay, Maple Grove opens April 6th for T&T, hint, hint. :)
Rob, you're killing me! Yeah, sign me up for T&T...woohoo...see you there!

-Should be quite a day..... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,009 Posts
Philly Single said:


Rob, you're killing me! Yeah, sign me up for T&T...woohoo...see you there!

-Should be quite a day..... :)

Don't worry about Nitrous boy with the 83 Mustang, he couldn't beat me once last year. His best time was [email protected] with a 125 shot. If his car is ready by April he will be going with a 200 shot just to try and best my 11.66. He still shouldn't be any trouble for the Philly Single. Hehe. :p
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top