Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Driver.
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
67 on stock fuel (pics & VID!)

This is a PHR gt67 turbo: on stock fuel, with no tuning. ebay header, ebay i/c pump/110, 95+ deg outside in humid ass Orlando afrs were in the low 10's like 10.2 10.3 on first pull at 17.6psi

Second Run I upped the boost trying to hit 20, but the guage never went past 19.2 - 19.4psi. it leaned itself out a little I think as lean as it got was 10.6 :1 or so..

I was pretty impressed with that power considering how rich the car was and how hot it was outside..
-James

edit: ********************video********************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzs5cTdAubE
edit: ********************video********************

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
Those numbers look right. On stock fuel and MAF with no tuning electronics I made 550 whp @ 24 psi with a TO4R.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Good numbers. Check the wideband though. I
don't think it is very likely to be running 10.6:1
air/fuels with the stock fuel/maf with that turbo
at 19.4lbs of boost.
Wayne

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
WayneCar said:
Good numbers. Check the wideband though. I
don't think it is very likely to be running 10.6:1
air/fuels with the stock fuel/maf with that turbo
at 19.4lbs of boost.
Wayne
Mmm...the numbers are still possible tho. I've seen 63mm's fall completely off the AFR graph (> 10:1) at 18psi and stock fuel. If he's got a healthy fuel system, it could handle the 67.

On the other hand, it may be a valid point. When my WB went bad, it read one full point rich in open loop, but wouldn't cruise worth a damn...a pretty big tattle-tale sign. How many hours are on the WB sensor? Seen any leaded fuel?

·
Driver.
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wideband only has like 300miles on it, even though its an aem and a bosch sensor.
its only seen 5 gallons of 110. and that was at the meet.
I am running an odb II ecu because when I dyno'd my car on stock twins odb1 the car was in the 13's on the afr :crazy:
By the look of my plugs, and the poof of black smoke when I get on it, i'd say its pretty damn rich.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
ineedboostbad said:
The wideband only has like 300miles on it, even though its an aem and a bosch sensor.
its only seen 5 gallons of 110. and that was at the meet.
I am running an odb II ecu because when I dyno'd my car on stock twins odb1 the car was in the 13's on the afr :crazy:
By the look of my plugs, and the poof of black smoke when I get on it, i'd say its pretty damn rich.
Wow. Darn healthy fuel system for sure. I jump into the 12's by 18lbs
on mine(66mm/.84 AR). I do have 264 cams though, that would make
some difference. Again, nice numbers!
Wayne

·
Registered
77 Posts
If theres a way you could take some fuel out where it needs it, you could gain some hp. Running low like that will toast plugs and robb you of possible hp. You wouldnt happen to have a sheet where it shows a graph of the run with AFR on the dyno?

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
Same air/fuels when I ran the setup. Pig rich all the time. The 13 mpg was proof enough for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts