Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping someone had some experience running a PTE 6766 JB on the PHR Street torque kit?

What .ar? QSV? And when are you seeing full boost?

I'm debating between the 6766 with a QSV or a 6466 without one. Since I'll be on pump gas, seems like I'll have a better chance of hitting 600whp on the 6766. But if it's too laggy, I think I'll just go 6466...

Thanks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As great as that turbo is, that post was borderline useless. Just looking for some first hand experience with a 6766.

·
Boost Junkie
12,485 Posts
My vote is 6766 with no QSV. I've had it since 2011 on my car and love it. As low as 460whp and as high as 930whp full tilt.

STeve

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My vote is 6766 with no QSV. I've had it since 2011 on my car and love it. As low as 460whp and as high as 930whp full tilt.

STeve
Just curious, why no QSV? I was going to hold off on getting one.

What do you see full boost at? Are you jb or bb? And what ar? I've been doing a lot of searching, but a lot of times there's a decent amount of unknowns.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I was on a 6266, cast manifold w/QSV. Made far too much torque to fast on a stock bottom end, so we wired it open to save the motor. Now I am on a 6766 1.0 open backside, cast manifold and QSV. Love this turbo, not what I would call laggy at all!!! 6spd car if it matters.

·
Boost Junkie
12,485 Posts
Just curious, why no QSV? I was going to hold off on getting one.

What do you see full boost at? Are you jb or bb? And what ar? I've been doing a lot of searching, but a lot of times there's a decent amount of unknowns.
I don't really track it. I've had a 57, 63, 67GTQ, GT4088, and this turbo. I can't tell a difference between the GT4088 and the 6766 other than the 6766 makes a shit ton more power (my GT4088 maxed out at 650whp at 30psi, this thing makes over 800whp at 30psi and 930whp at fill kill).

Steve

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was on a 6266, cast manifold w/QSV. Made far too much torque to fast on a stock bottom end, so we wired it open to save the motor. Now I am on a 6766 1.0 open backside, cast manifold and QSV. Love this turbo, not what I would call laggy at all!!! 6spd car if it matters.
That's why I don't want a 6266 haha, thanks for confirming that.

At about what RPM do you see full tilt? I plan on running whatever pump gas will allow me too... probably 16-18psi.

Any idea on what you see full boost without the QSV?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
You mean u have a 1.00 divided with a qsv. Not an open and qsv.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
That's why I don't want a 6266 haha, thanks for confirming that.

At about what RPM do you see full tilt? I plan on running whatever pump gas will allow me too... probably 16-18psi.

Any idea on what you see full boost without the QSV?
I was seeing full boost on pump at 3k and 2650ish on corn, tire fryer for sure. Ass end always loved to step out a little...

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
You mean u have a 1.00 divided with a qsv. Not an open and qsv.
Yes sorry, fat fingers!

Open cast manifold and a divided turbine housing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts