S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the car has put down 648rwhp 577tq at that boost level

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Supra000, are you really willing to upgrade your turbo/fuel system to outrun one car? If so, what happens when the next faster car comes along? Race him, if you win, khudo's, if you lose shake his hand and admit the faster car won. No need to rechange your entire setup.
I would say brake boost the hell out of the car and you have a good shot at pulling back on him

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just wana make sure that i win the race because i put almost 1k bet

·
man whore
318 Posts
Run 100 shot wet your self and you should get him on top.

"we are going from 70km roll to 400meters "1/4mile""

This is a bad race for you, not enough time to catch him. ¼ mile goes by real fast when you start from a roll. You should have raced a ½ mile or to 180 some think like that.

You will need DRs heat them up before the race. Brake boost the hell out of it this is key then as soon as you get going hit the N2O if he did not jump you to bad on the start you can get him.

·
Registered
904 Posts
SpeedR said:
Run 100 shot wet your self and you should get him on top.

"we are going from 70km roll to 400meters "1/4mile""

This is a bad race for you, not enough time to catch him. ¼ mile goes by real fast when you start from a roll. You should have raced a ½ mile or to 180 some think like that.

You will need DRs heat them up before the race. Brake boost the hell out of it this is key then as soon as you get going hit the N2O if he did not jump you to bad on the start you can get him.
I agree with this statement.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Supra000 said:
i just wana make sure that i win the race because i put almost 1k bet
Yes, but its going to cost you another 3000 or so(if you do your own labor) to go larger single and fuel. I guess :freak: :dunno: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
slither said:
Yes, but its going to cost you another 3000 or so(if you do your own labor) to go larger single and fuel. I guess :freak: :dunno: :bigthumb:

Or you could look at it as $1,000 off his new setup ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree with Slither. There is always a faster car out there. If you spend all this money to beat one car, then what about when the next faster car comes along? If you want to have the fastest car out there, you better be prepared to turn your Supra into a bottomless money pit. Then, pretty soon, you're driving a full race car on the street. I guess it's all about what you want and what your goal is for your car. I can understand your situation though so do whatever makes you happy.

Side note: if this race goes down, plase take video and post it so we can see what happens.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
2JZmadison said:
Or you could look at it as $1,000 off his new setup ;)
Or, if he loses even with the new setup it adds another grand to it :bigthumb:

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
Supra000 said:
whats up guys

heres what i have on my supra

PHR II + 67mm runing 1.7bar and 110 oct
272 cams
720cc
4row
Apexi ems
build botom end
TRD LSD with 373 or 410 im not sure tho, the car is 6spd

and the camaro has

427cid
heads
cam
Z06 intake
full exhaust
and big shot "300 or 350"

we are going from 70km roll to 400meters "1/4mile"
my q is do i stand a chance against it or should i put some 1000cc and 76mm

need feedback asap pls
Where are you guys racing at? That sounds like a guy around here that is opposite of everyone else...says he has a bigger shot (300-350 shot) than what he really has. I think it might be to scare people from racing him, but when someone isn't scared and they actually go out to try and race him he doesn't usually end up racing for some reason.:)

Good Luck.

Take Care

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
...and if it happens to be the same guy I am talking about I am sure that race won't go down especially with $1,000 on the line. The only way this guy will race if he happens to catch you off guard, goes before you and then you start to chase him down which he may in fact beat you at that point. If you don't chase him down when he starts before you he will say...quite wasting my time...lets get this over with, etc. He pretty much has to start before you if you want to race him...and of couse he will act like he didn't start before you.

Take Care

·
Registered
484 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem. I seriously doubt that he is spraying an LS1 based engine that much. Does he have a full-on fogger system plumbed into each runner? If he is just running a bolt-on "big shot" kit then he is nowhere near 300hp of N20. I'd say 225-250 at the most. I think from a 70km roll (43mph) you'll have the upper hand...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
What type of tranny and tire setup does the Camaro have? NOS gives disproportionately MASSIVE amounts of torque compared to HP in LS1s, I saw a guy with a 350 c.i. 400 RWHP/RWTQ NA LS1 spraying a 150 shot for 540 RWHP/700 RWTQ. If this guy has a H/C 427 + 250 shot, he may well eat your lunch until very high speed! :eek:

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
it's funny how races like these never take place.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts