Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have gone from a .68 A/R to a .81 how much of a difference does it make in your et/mph? I have a 67 with the .68 and I'm considering changing it. Would this be a good idea? I'm more concerned with 1/4 mile times than dyno #'s

setup:
SP67 .68 A/R
SP auto
3800 stall
fuel
vpc/afc2
4" dp & ex

·
Registered
814 Posts
i have a .81 undivided on mine and i absolutely love it full boost somewhere around 4200rpm, spray that bitch outta the hole n u wont have to worry bout it...worrying about lag is overated!

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
C5,

I say stick with the .68 AR Exhaust housing because the autos need the low - mid range power, you'll lose this somewhat when you go with the .81 AR. Another thing i'd consider is going with 264 cams, I gained 50rwhp with em back when I was on the BL/PTE67 w/.68 AR.

Just my 2 pennys, and i'm talking from my own experience!
vnt :)

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
814 Posts
no problem... VNT obviously has more experience in it as he's had both A/Rs...as i said i have my .81 n love it, but if you dont plan on putting in a high stall or spraying it...stick with the .81 <---EDIT:: (meant .68)

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Thanks sngledsupe!

But actually you'd only need the high stall, well not actually "high" if you went with the .81, on the .68 AR and on a 3.8K Stall, you should be able to build at least 7+lbs of boost outta the hole and this is the ultimate combo in pulling good 60ft times w/o NOS. But personally i'd drop in 264 cams or the 272/264 combo and let her rip!

I'm really thinking about going back to the 67 w/.68AR but this time on the dbb option...cause I've had it with the 74gtq dbb, damn thing doesn't make any positive boost till 4200 and I can only build 3lbs of boost at the line :lol:

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
vntperformance said:
Thanks sngledsupe!

But actually you'd only need the high stall, well not actually "high" if you went with the .81, on the .68 AR and on a 3.8K Stall, you should be able to build at least 7+lbs of boost outta the hole and this is the ultimate combo in pulling good 60ft times w/o NOS. But personally i'd drop in 264 cams or the 272/264 combo and let her rip!

I'm really thinking about going back to the 67 w/.68AR but this time on the dbb option...cause I've had it with the 74gtq dbb, damn thing doesn't make any positive boost till 4200 and I can only build 3lbs of boost at the line :lol:

quit being a sissy and hit it with some gas.....there will be a BIG difference.

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
HotSoup said:
quit being a sissy and hit it with some gas.....there will be a BIG difference.

Believe me I am, im hitting it outta the hole and all the way down the 1320, with maybe a 100 shot.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
vntperformance said:
Believe me I am, im hitting it outta the hole and all the way down the 1320, with maybe a 100 shot.

damn Val, thats not helping any? I am not a fan of big turbo's anyway....too many people get caught up in the RWHP aspect of a turbo and not the actual usable powerband.

Jason

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
HotSoup said:
damn Val, thats not helping any? I am not a fan of big turbo's anyway....too many people get caught up in the RWHP aspect of a turbo and not the actual usable powerband.

Jason
I agree with you 110%, but I plan to spray it..... I haven't yet!

vnt ;)

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
vntperformance said:
I agree with you 110%, but I plan to spray it..... I haven't yet!

vnt ;)
Believe me, you will LOVE the spray and will never go back.....however, you will have to start looking around for a TH400 or some variant :wtflol:

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i have a 67 dbb w/ a .81 on it comeing next week and im thinking of swapping out the .81 for the .68 again. undecided...

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
drew,

I'm going to hold off on the whole 400 bit to as long as I can. If Sam Mahdavi can run a BL Tranny with a T88H and spray a 150 shot all the way down the 1320, i'm sure as hell going to try!

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
If you want more power then get a boost controller that actually works and crank up the boost :fawk: Driving around at wastegate spring levels will be boring quick. :) But seriously, I would stick with .68 since you are still on the stock redline. Once you save some cash, do the .81, 264 cams & AEM. With some slicks you will knocking on 9's soon enough.

·
Registered
814 Posts
yea im bout the hop on the TH400 bandwagon cuz the stock autos just cant seem to hold power...i also have plans to spray it off the line, so ur A/R really wont matter with that, itll come into boost so fast it wont make a difference!

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
DakaDan said:
If you want more power then get a boost controller that actually works and crank up the boost :fawk: Driving around at wastegate spring levels will be boring quick. :) But seriously, I would stick with .68 since you are still on the stock redline. Once you save some cash, do the .81, 264 cams & AEM. With some slicks you will knocking on 9's soon enough.

knocking on 9's? shit heel go 9's just that way . i think val,vnt went 10.0 on it already. im sure it'll bump into the 9's on boost alone. :sadance:

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
knocking on 9's? shit heel go 9's just that way . i think val,vnt went 10.0 on it already. im sure it'll bump into the 9's on boost alone. :sadance:

No doubt about that, it just boils down to the driver :hide: Right Jermaine :)

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The boost controller is in and I will see what happens. The the step up to AEM, 400 , & cams will have to wait until winter.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
With your setup and goals, I'd go for the .81. The .68 suits my needs (fast street driving + road racing) but if I were more into drag racing I wouldn't hesitate to do .81 and 272/264 combo. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts