Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
grease monkey
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to find a 6M crank for my 87 supra, does anyone know of a company that makes them besides toyota, im not picky ill take aftermarket or oem, preferably from some one in canada but not picky thanks

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
no aftermarket...

stock is forged anyways, IIRC they're less than $700 through the dealer (that's US)

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
You're stuck either getting a new one from Toyota, or a used one from somewhere else.

Don't think there's anywhere else you can get a new one from (unless it's somewhere that got a new one from Toyota),

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

·
KBR
2,910 Posts
hey guys, I have a small question too. I just took out my 7MGTE motor from my '89 MKIII and noticed that it has a 6M crank? anywayz, the motor I have on the car has been replaced w/ a used JDM engine. but besides having a 6M crank, everything else (forged pistons, rods, oil squirters, etc.. ) are all clean & original.

has anyone here had came through this before??? back then all I know was that the 6M crank on the 6MGE is the same as the 7MGE, but is it also the same for the 7MGTE's?? TIA.

aite, peace.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
6M crank was used in the 6M and 7M until 1989. 7M's made from 1990 on had the new fully counterbalanced cranks.

Turbo or non, makes no difference.

·
KBR
2,910 Posts
6M crank was used in the 6M and 7M until 1989. 7M's made from 1990 on had the new fully counterbalanced cranks.

Turbo or non, makes no difference.
I see.. well, my car is a '89 so that should explain it too. anywayz, thanks for the info!

aite, peace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts