Supra Forums banner

6spd Supra CHALLENGE!!! TX Meet

30K views 424 replies 55 participants last post by  WOTM 
#1 · (Edited)
Assuming we are all at the TX Meet in March the 6spd Supras could have an interesting event.

Ryan Woon <----- Forum Resurrector
Saad Saad
Stacey Barnett
Son Nguyen
SW
Tony Melber
Matt Miller
Sal Patel (who better make it down)
Scott Smith (The Pikey)
Chris Bergemann
Gary White
Al Rhee
Augie ?
Tim (BaSupra)
Peter Ibriham (Magic)
Nero Deliwala in his new 6pd White Supra
And a few others.

Here is what I propose as the final Challenge Rules in our OWN class at the TX Meet:

1. Factory Toyota 6spd Tranny
2. Factory Toyota Rear end, or TRD LSD
3. 3500lbs min Weight WITH Driver
4. Any power adders you want with a 2JZGTE

This will make it a TRUE Full Weight Street car Challenge. We'll find the real quickest and fastest 6spd Supra driver and he'll take home a nice chunk of change!

We can take out $100 of the total pot for Best 60ft, Quickest ET, Highest MPH, etc if you like. I wouldn't be opposed to something like that. And if we get 8 guys, $2000, we can do $1300 to the winner, $400 to second place and $100 to each of those things listed above.

See less See more
#3 ·
The only guidelines I can think of would be:

1. Factory Toyota 6spd Tranny
2. Factory Toyota Rear end, or TRD LSD
3. 3200lbs min Weight (NHRA rule)
4. Any power adders you want with a 2JZGTE

That's all I can think of right now. Doesn't that seem fair?

#4 ·
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell no
I am not giving my money to you fools hahaha.
Now if we cang get some handicaps then hhhmmm....

Ryan you too funny man!!!!! Got to let the big dogs play with this one.

#7 ·
Sound Performance said:
Tim you silly fool. Youre gonna get your ass whooped if you bring your can on DRs!!! 10.9s would qualify you last in that bunch!! Grow some balls and get some slicks!!!

:D
LOL Larry, yes I will have some slicks by then:D . Hey Woon, how about making me a killer deal on your slick/skinny combo;) .

Tim

#8 ·
Come on guys. You should know in this game that shit happens and anyone can win!

We can have Peter hold the money, and I'll get his address for anyone who wants to participate to send him the money before hand.

I don't know if we'll have enough time to make it a heads up deal, so we might have to make it the quickest pass of the day, but either way, it's about who goes the quickest anyway:)

I will ask Peter if we can set something like this for heads up.

Peter???

#9 ·
basupra said:
LOL Larry, yes I will have some slicks by then:D . Hey Woon, how about making me a killer deal on your slick/skinny combo;) .

Tim
Tim, e-mail me at rdwoon@aol.com. You can buy the ones off my car that have very few passes, and a 9.6:) Or I can get you brand new ones. Your choice just let me know!

#13 ·
I think it should be heads up... it's more about consistancy and playing the lights. Yeah... times are great but, don't always win the race. :) Count me in, if I can make it out to the meet. I think direct port systems should be left out as well. Single fogger nitrous systems only...

Matt

#14 ·
There's no point in leaving out DP and not single foggers. We can make it all boost if everyone wants too. Whatever. We just need to finalize the rules. I would also like it to be heads up, trust me. But I don't know that Peter can setup out own deal during this event.

#17 ·
Sal, get your ass to TX with a two car trailer. I won't say whatelse you have:) You better be there!!!

I'm sure the consensus will be all boost and no NOS. That is fine and we can make it that way. It already appears to be the favored opinion.

#18 ·
I like the all boost rule personally.... Never had nitrous so why start now?? I was just trying to eliminate the 100+ shot club.:D But I'm open to whatever... Anything can happen on race day.

TIm, Put a tire on that car and make a pass... :p

#20 ·
VIRTUALWORKS said:
This doesnt seem like a fair race, since ryan will have a new intake manifold by then.

Dana,
Virtual Works
9.14 @ 149
Ahh, I think I will too, right Lar;) , and maybe a little something else too:D .
(Now, if we could just get Peter to run his car down the track:) . Peter, if you don't have the time to, then I will gladly race it too:eek: ).

Tim

#23 ·
Last time I checked, Supras can't fly on the dyno:)

#26 ·
Tim, I haven't heard anyone say they wanted NOS to be allowed. Can you do a poll on this thread?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.