Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 89 n/a started sputtering on my way to work monday morning. Decided to leave it parked, and use my wifes truck for a couple days. I thought maybe I had gotten some bad gas. So today I put some stuff in to get rid of water and drove it around the block a couple times. It sounded like something blew thru and it started running smooth. then the temp started rapidly rising. Got it back to my work and noticed I left a long trail of antifreeze. Looks like the old 7MGE is dunzo. Not sure where to go from here. I can't really complain though, it has 225,000 miles.

· Batshit crazy old bastard
10,695 Posts
Welcome to the "club". We have all been there. If you got to 225k miles without ever changing the original HG, that is a miracle.

Oh, and sorry for the news.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I had that kinda money to put into it. Wife lost her job, so it looks like its gonna have to sit for a while. If anyone wants to donate an engine for my baby, I would be very appreciative.
I have been wanting to go turbo for a while, so whenever she gets back to work, I will probably start that project.

· Registered
196 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wife losing the job..Thats horrible..Well if you know how to change headgaskets, if wont be to costly. It always seems when things go bad they get worse. I hope you guys can get through this tough time and get back on track..

· Banned
7,225 Posts
Yeah it sucks but it's not completely unexpected right? Anyway as long as you have transportation to work then the Supra can be on hold. This would be a good time to research the project also so you can see how to do the swap also:)

-Alex

· Frozen Lake Driver
1,402 Posts
if you wanna just do the HG job i have a stock HG you can have for free cause i'm using a MHG and it just came with the gasket kit i bought, pay to have it shipped to you and it's yours

· Banned
7,225 Posts
if you wanna just do the HG job i have a stock HG you can have for free cause i'm using a MHG and it just came with the gasket kit i bought, pay to have it shipped to you and it's yours
Sounds like a good deal to me.

-Alex

· Registered
196 Posts
thats love right there...if you got an extra gt42r you wanna throw my way, I will definately pay for the shipping...lol...just kiddin

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
If there is a trail of coolant its not a HG, coolant is leaking somewhere. If it overheated badly you probably warped the head which will cause a bhg eventually.

· "Yeah! Take the lemons.."
1,022 Posts
Yeah same here, I also have a stock hg that came with a engine gasket kit. I live in cali I forgot to look where you lived in ur avatar but if the shipping is cheaper you can pm me too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.