Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the midlle of putting a new 7MGTE into my 90 supra but I bought the car with a blown engine. The engine i have to put in is just a brand new long block. What I mean is it doesn't have intake manifold, turbo, injectors, etc. SO what should I and shouldn't I use off of the old motor I pulled off the car? I don't want to use parts with 145,000 miles on them off the old engine, but you guys know more about this than me. Thanks..

3,796 Posts
I would use almost everything.
I would also:
-Get a new waterpump, all new gaskets, hoses and belts.
-Check the shaft play on the turbo.
-You also might want to get your injectors cleaned out depending on how many miles on the other motor.
-Clean out the intake manifold.
-Check the accordian hose for cracks as well as all of the IC piping.
-Get a new oil cooler cause you dont know what got thrown in there when the old motor went out.

Thats all I can think of now. Good luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's repost mean?? sorry if i did something wrond i'm a newbee

3,796 Posts
I fucked up on the repost thing. Thought there was two of these threads. My bad. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought it at an auction a year ago. I originally went to buy a
20-R for my Celica GT and I thought to myself, "Lets see if they have any supra engines." and they did. So i bought a 20-R and a 7MGTE . I bought the 7M hoping to sell it for a profit but for some reason no one wanted to buy it off of me for 800 bucks. I think it's worth more. SO i keept the engine and then i found a car for sell with a blown motor and a PROJECT CAR haha.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do I check the shaft play of the Turbo??

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Dude if I knew you were selling a rebuilt engine for $800 I woulda bought it... instead I had to go the route of a JDM engine with new gaskets.... boy that sucks ;)

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah the 7M i was selling came with a new gasket set and a new oil pump for 800 I thought it was a good deal. What or how do I clean all the ol parts with because they are VERY dirty. I know spray cleaning but come parts like little breathing holes have oil and gunk in them what kind of solution should I let them settle in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts