Supra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The transmission mount bolts to the body?
Yes, that's what he means. There is now a second thread on this, and it features your images. Probably best if the Mods combine them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This sounds awesome, I only wonder about the availability of Syvecs database and tuners here in the States. Syvecs looks quite official in the U.K., compareable to ProEfi we have over here. I was wondering also about how the shifter would look, does the coversion kit include a shifter bezel or would there have to be a custom fabricated one to house the e90 shifter?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
How does the syvecs work with the stock ecu or does it replace the whole ecu system

·
4,927 Posts
I noticed it said launch control can't be done on auto cars, is there a reason for that? (Excuse my ignorance if its an obvious answer)
I'd disagree, with regular auto cars you can set your antilag/launch rpm to be whatever the stall speed is (or less, within reason) and the ECU will hold the rpm there no problem. That way it won't push through the brakes and you don't have to 'time' your launch just right, just sit there and floor it.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Yes, that's what he means. There is now a second thread on this, and it features your images. Probably best if the Mods combine them.
This is really the second thread as I started mine 13 minutes earlier, but who's counting? :)

I'm happy for the threads to be combined as it would be better for there to just be one thread.

If they don't get combined, here is the link to my thread which has all the pics from the Whifbitz website.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?956865-Whifbitz-7-speed-Getrag-DCT-gearbox-conversion-for-the-Toyota-Supra

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow! I have spent the past year daydreaming about putting this transmission in my car and comparing gear ratios, diff ratios, tire and wheel diameters, and engine rpms. Now here comes someone with just the solution I was looking for. Thank you Paul! I need this kit!

·
Registered
15 Posts
This would sell really well in the upcoming years in both Canada and the more so the states since more and more jdm supras will be imported soon! If you get distributors over here I'll definitely be considering this swap over the 6 speed

·
Registered
13 Posts
My car is apart having a major winter overhaul/upgrade so I bought a DCT box, the Whifbitz adaptor kit and the Syvecs S6+ ECU over xmas. Merry xmas to me.

I can't wait until it's all up and running, tho got months of work still to do on the car...........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Paul/Whifbitz have done this conversion to my car, all i can say is absolutely amazing. Using the Syvecs as a standalone with complete control of the gearbox is a perfect solution. Full power shifts in D mode, throttle blips on down shifts, the BMW drivelogic is fully functional as well with the ability of 5 different D modes and 6 is S mode, S5/S6 is just mental. Here is a link to the build thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?330224-Supra-at-Whifbitz-for-7-Speed-DCT-PT6266-GEN2-Single-Turbo-Conversion

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a DCT equipped car a few years back and loved it. Always thought it'd be a great box in a Supra. Have you gone with the manual 3.2 ratio rear diff? I started a thread on here to see if anyone knew whether the 2.9 ration crown & pinion wheels from another Toyota diff would fit a Supra small case diff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a DCT equipped car a few years back and loved it. Always thought it'd be a great box in a Supra. Have you gone with the manual 3.2 ratio rear diff? I started a thread on here to see if anyone knew whether the 2.9 ration crown & pinion wheels from another Toyota diff would fit a Supra small case diff.
Hi, i went with the manual 3.2 rear diff ratio, Paul is looking at the 2.9 option as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
Paul/Whifbitz have done this conversion to my car, all i can say is absolutely amazing. Using the Syvecs as a standalone with complete control of the gearbox is a perfect solution. Full power shifts in D mode, throttle blips on down shifts, the BMW drivelogic is fully functional as well with the ability of 5 different D modes and 6 is S mode, S5/S6 is just mental. Here is a link to the build thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?330224-Supra-at-Whifbitz-for-7-Speed-DCT-PT6266-GEN2-Single-Turbo-Conversion
That you for coming by to share that and post the link! I admit, despite being a die hard three-pedal 6MT fanatic, after driving a DCT equipped E92 M3 last year, I can certainly see the appeal of one in a Supra.
Considering the prices of V160/V161 parts, that's made all the more enticing.

Have Whifbitz considered supporting other EMS's beyond the Syvecs for this conversion? How much power are you currently making on your setup, and is there any uprated parts and/or support to permit a BMW DCT to hold 1000+whp? I saw the clutch packs that claim 1000bhp crank, is there anything more to it? Any examples running yet?

·
Very Senior Member
9,964 Posts
Man - I would love to have this if/when my stock tranny goes or if I go to more HP/Torque.
Is this available in the US yet, and have any US tuners started installing it?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts